What's new

Angry Joe interviews Major Nelson

Damn, I couldn't resist to watch this lol. Joe didn't come off as infuriated though, which is good, because that wouldn't have led to nowhere. I thought it was an okay interview overall, though he did duck and dodge some questions though.

Another thing, you could definitely feel the tension between them, although they were trying to hide it.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I thought it was a good interview.

Major Nelson comes out a bit too forgetful. How does he not know about the Don incident? He just keeps talking about innovation and future instead of answering questions.
Joes interview was a lot better and insightful than reddits asskissy one.
Also
Joe>Dorito Pope

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Joe is fighting an uphill battle with this interview.. Everyone knows ALL people in Maj Nelson's position is "handled" and other than ruin possible future relationships/interviews he is not going to get much.. Awkward tension between the two.. But that is the typical PR interview.. It was at E3 for crying out loud..

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
I thought it was a good interview.

Major Nelson comes out a bit too forgetful. How does he not know about the Don incident? He just keeps talking about innovation and future instead of answering questions.
Joes interview was a lot better and insightful than reddits asskissy one.
Also
Joe>Dorito Pope

Most interviews are just a free ad space for most. Major Nelson kept saying these things because he felt that Joe was trying to deter away from what he said(Not the case).
Joe is an amazing interviewer. He has the right mentality and passion for Video Games that resembles Jeff Gerstman, which is nice. I really hope Joe becomes an actual Game Journalist one day. He makes Geoff seem like a rookie in training. Case in point, Geoff's interview with Reggie where Geoff kept hounding at Reggie for 3rd party releases when there were a fair amount. And then, he basically kissed Shigeru's ass in his interview with him.

TL;DR - Joe is fucking amazing and he should be a Game Journalist. Fuck Dorito Pope

JaredL

From what Joes said the family plan is:

You can play any game from any friends library, so long as they enable the game, at any time online. But only one person can do this.

2 people can play a single player game and get access to singe player DLC.

You can give 10 people access to your library.

Honestly, it doesn't sound that great.

Interviewing any one that is part of the xbox team is like interviewing Hitler, these people want to come into a strong thriving community and dictate it to their liking, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a "don't taze me bro" video come out at an Xbox conference or something lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

#hopeforhood

why can't you people think outside the box even a little? this guy is not a great interviewer, he kept interrupting about DRM, DRM. Get over it, there are many things positive that come out of being a connected device.

oh no i cant physically hand a copy to my friend! all you have to do is put your friend on your family plan and they can download the game FOR FREE. the only restriction is they cant play it at the same time as you, which is EXACTLY how it should work.

the fact that it only has to check once every 24 hours for online connectivity is not even a real problem to 99.99% of people. people hate drm on pc because its a constant connection needed which caused server issues, which isnt an issue if you only have to connect it 1 time a day for 5 seconds, gtfo of here with the constant crying. where the hell are you taking your giant home console anyways where this is an issue? the ONLY people who should bitch about this are tournament organizers, and they may come up with a solution to this, they are in fact trying to address that.

and for those crying about used games, where have you been the past 3 years? publishers and developers are losing money left and right to used game sales. do you honestly believe that EA, Activision, and Ubisoft wont do anything about used game sales on the PS4? they will probably implement something far worse than what will happen on the Xbox1

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
We just have to look at the benefits of the DRM loooool

Also, XBOX ONE is the future guys. The future looks bright indeed. lawlz

JaredL

why can't you people think outside the box even a little? this guy is not a great interviewer, he kept interrupting about DRM, DRM. Get over it, there are many things positive that come out of being a connected device.

oh no i cant physically hand a copy to my friend! all you have to do is put your friend on your family plan and they can download the game FOR FREE. the only restriction is they cant play it at the same time as you, which is EXACTLY how it should work.

the fact that it only has to check once every 24 hours for online connectivity is not even a real problem to 99.99% of people. people hate drm on pc because its a constant connection needed which caused server issues, which isnt an issue if you only have to connect it 1 time a day for 5 seconds, gtfo of here with the constant crying. where the hell are you taking your giant home console anyways where this is an issue? the ONLY people who should bitch about this are tournament organizers, and they may come up with a solution to this, they are in fact trying to address that.

and for those crying about used games, where have you been the past 3 years? publishers and developers are losing money left and right to used game sales. do you honestly believe that EA, Activision, and Ubisoft wont do anything about used game sales on the PS4? they will probably implement something far worse than what will happen on the Xbox1

Or... get this. I can get the PS4, get better graphics, get no DRM and no always online without missing out on anything the xbone offers barring a few exclusives, and save abit of money.

You've effectively dismissed all concerns are 'they don't matter'. Ok, to you. But to most people, used games DRM, always online and so on are an issue.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
I can get the PS4, get better graphics
Not really a point you can make seeing as how the end result of a game's fidelity lies with the developer.

Not to mention the hardware is nearly identical with both utilizing the cloud to provide more computing power.

JaredL

Not really a point you can make seeing as how the end result of a game's fidelity lies with the developer.

Not to mention the hardware is nearly identical with both utilizing the cloud to provide more computing power.

Both appear to be equally easy to develop for, and cloud processing will not make up for an underclocked xbone, that uses 3 gigs of ram on OS processes, while PS4 uses 1 gig on OS shit.

JaredL

Seriously man, how could you possibly know this? Developers don't even know this until they start to push what the console is capable of.

Except they already have dev kits and sony was praised for being very similar to PC. I assume the same of microsoft.

used games are going to disappear anyways. ps3 was supposed to have better graphics too, how did that turn out? it doesnt matter what the specs are, if the developers dont want to lose money, they arent gonna spend extra on ps4 graphics just so people can buy the game used, thats just simple business sense.

i never said you shouldnt get a ps4, but the ragging on xbox1 is completely unwarranted. from the very beginning microsoft has been aiming for this. when xbox live first came out it was broadband only, people cried about it and they didnt give a shit. guess what? they were right.

if you dont have any friends with xbox1, and dont care if you can always see whats happening with your xbox even while you are on TV or computer, and it really bugs you that you need kinect and think there is no way over the course of the next generation that they will make it worth using, then yes you should just get a ps4.....

but then WHY do you keep bitching about? why are you and all the people crying about pointless stuff even worried about bringing it up? just buy a PS4, thats the best way to prove your point. but instead you are putting up post after post making the same misinformed bs. are you afraid of something? is me embracing and always connected console a slap in your face? i want the connectivity, and the nfl fantasy additions, and the system to recognize me when i stand in front of it. if you dont, fine, just walk away. crying about it wont change anything

JaredL

used games are going to disappear anyways. ps3 was supposed to have better graphics too, how did that turn out? it doesnt matter what the specs are, if the developers dont want to lose money, they arent gonna spend extra on ps4 graphics just so people can buy the game used, thats just simple business sense.

i never said you shouldnt get a ps4, but the ragging on xbox1 is completely unwarranted. from the very beginning microsoft has been aiming for this. when xbox live first came out it was broadband only, people cried about it and they didnt give a shit. guess what? they were right.

if you dont have any friends with xbox1, and dont care if you can always see whats happening with your xbox even while you are on TV or computer, and it really bugs you that you need kinect and think there is no way over the course of the next generation that they will make it worth using, then yes you should just get a ps4.....

but then WHY do you keep bitching about? why are you and all the people crying about pointless stuff even worried about bringing it up? just buy a PS4, thats the best way to prove your point. but instead you are putting up post after post making the same misinformed bs. are you afraid of something? is me embracing and always connected console a slap in your face? i want the connectivity, and the nfl fantasy additions, and the system to recognize me when i stand in front of it. if you dont, fine, just walk away. crying about it wont change anything

Must be fun living your world, devoid of logic and perspective.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Except they already have dev kits and sony was praised for being very similar to PC. I assume the same of microsoft.
Of course, but a dev kit isn't going to tell you how difficult pushing the system will be. Everything I've seen so far for both systems has been fairly basic, so we don't know how difficult it will be to squeeze power out of system A or system B.

Give developers a couple years, allow the flaws to surface, and then we'll know how easy they are to develop for.

Must be fun living your world, devoid of logic and perspective.

oh? and what logic am i lacking? maybe i am lacking perspective, but you have failed to explain how i am. you didnt even answer the question of why you keep hounding on it? boredom? stupidity? indignation?

must be fun living in a world devoid of any type of vision for the future and how the world will work