What's new

An idea for UMK3

hi, I don't post here much, but I just wanted to share an idea that I had... it may have already been talked about on here but anyways

I wish there was some coder out there that could hack the umk3 mame version to make it so that it keeps track of stats and uploads them to a server... sort of like how UMK3 on XBLA works... im sure this would require a lot of skill and I would have no idea where to begin, but it would just be awesome if someone could make a PC version of UMK3 that kept track of stats and could upload them to a webserver... so that leagues could be hosted, etc... that would give players the opportunity to play together on something like kaillera, be able to chat, and keep track of stats... all sorts of stats too like how many hit/misses on punches, etc

ok well some of you may think this is a dumb idea but just wishful thinking...

:)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Fatalities should never be tracked. Only Friendship's and Babalities because it takes more skill to do those.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Lee K said:
You know what would be even cooler? If they balanced the game a little more. Same with MKII.
UMK3 needs no balancing, it's balanced well enough. MK2 however would need more work.

Lee-K

Noob
I'm serious though... think about how much different MKII would be if Reptiles force ball came out at 3x the speed, like in UMK3. The worst character would be easily on the top half of the tier list.

Sektor

Noob
Hell, why don't you add a stat for how many matches where you FAT. dropped? That would make for some really entertaining moments! :lol:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sektor said:
Hell, why don't you add a stat for how many matches where you FAT. dropped? That would make for some really entertaining moments! :lol:
First, I agree Lee-K. That MKII Rep forceball iis a good representation of how slow that game is compared to UMK3. I dont know if he'd be TOP tier, but up there close for sure.

Sektor, on UMK DS for online ranksand stats, it keeps track of how many times you leave a match, and you can see the other persons stats before you start. So far, thats the closest to that I've seen.

I just wish XBL had something similar.

Tim Static said:
Sektor said:
First, I agree Lee-K. That MKII Rep forceball iis a good representation of how slow that game is compared to UMK3. I dont know if he'd be TOP tier, but up there close for sure.

Sektor, on UMK DS for online ranksand stats, it keeps track of how many times you leave a match, and you can see the other persons stats before you start. So far, thats the closest to that I've seen.

Yea but that same one also shows how many times your internet goes down FORCING you to leave. :(

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, what the other dude said you can see the other players stats before they accept "confirm" and I've been hooked up with rankwhores people with 2450+ that disconnect as soon as they see MKF30... lol

These guys obviously browse these forums because how else would they know who's good and who's not?

Guarantee they won't play anyone in the DS code list thread...

Tim Static

Adminerator
ButtManV3 said:
Tim Static said:
Sektor said:

Yea but that same one also shows how many times your internet goes down FORCING you to leave. :(
True, and as not fair as it may sound, it also helps you avoid playing a person that is either a quitter or doesnt have a good connection.

I'm not sayin you have a whack connection, but I hope you understand what I mean by that.