What's new

An honest-to-goodness, be all, end all, matchup thread.

myth

Noob
An honest-to-goodness, be all, end all, matchup thread. Discuss the matchup, list the number (6-4) and, finally, explain what Quan can do to win the match (strategy). Once done with one character, move on to another.

The current Matchup Chart for Quan Chi is as follows:
5-5 vs Baraka
2-8 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
4-6 vs Ermac
xxx vs Freddy Krueger
4-6 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kano
xxx vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
2-8 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
3-7 vs Nightwolf
4-6 vs Noob Saibot
3-7 vs Raiden
xxx vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
4-6 vs Shang Tsung
5-5 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero

I am a bit of a noob but i'll try to start this thread up.
I feel like i understand the Sub-Zero match up the most so that's who will be first.

Quan Chi 4-6 vs Sub-Zero

Overall playing against SZ is a battle of defensive strats until one or the other gets a poke in.

Most Sub-Zeros i play will set up a clone once the match starts to bait or to establish a wall. That's why i (typically) trance off the bat once the match starts. I know its very risky but, more often than not it lands. Trying to read when SZ will clone is very tricky but, if you can, trance his clone.

I think the most important thing to keep in mind when it comes to SZ is to stay in his face so he can't wall off with a clone.
(constant pressure/trance stings into rune traps if you can)

Trying to poke in at a distance with the typical (at least typical for me) F1,2~trance is very risky if they read it and, clone(which most will).Also trying to poke in with skydrop (behind/in-front), B3,1+2/F1,2~trance is risky because SZ can land his poke quicker than Quan can. So,if i need to sky drop to get out of the corner (or whatever) i will sky-drop, block *or* d4. Then try to poke in.

Once SZ has his wall up he has the advantage so i will typically back off (over jumping distance) and try to zone him till i can get a solid read for a safe skydrop or even skeletal boost.The skeltal boost is fairly safe (at over jumping distance) because most SZs are hesitant to try to slide in if they're away from their clone and you're not in the corner.

Some one help me out here. I am new to this and i am sure someone can contribute even more.
When SZ has me deep in the corner and walled off with a clone i am fucked so, i have not insight for that strat.

Don't teleport so much.

Zone and break down clones with skulls. Your projectile is faster.

Trade trance for ice ball. Your stun last much longer.

After breaking down clones. Jump in, dash block, mix up.

Quan should run Sub into the ground...forget the chart.