What's new

Am I the only one who absolutely hates the new patch?

That's not how it works. They added 4 frames to the window in which you can do a wake up attack. Not 4 extra frames of invincibility to all wake up attacks.
They added 2 extra input window frames and 2 extra invincibility frames I believe.

I don't see how that slows the game down regardless, you can still stay on top of someone when they're done. It's not like they made wakup attacks unblockable.

The only thing that actually slowed the game down was the dash nerf. I don't think it's terrible but I hope that gets reconsidered. That was the only part of the patch that I didn't like.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah, but instead of continuing pressure on knockdown, most players now will just sit back and block, and if you try to pressure, you're more likely to get hit than stuff it as before. This may have been the original intention, and I'm not complaining that wakeups actually work now(unless you're Sektor), but I have noticed my opponents turtling more.

Stop letting the records intimidate you. The online was unchanged anyway.
But like it has been mentioned, just join a room and look for players among your skill level, if records are what you're basing this off.
It's not and never has been hard.

Oh and again, i don't let records intimidate you. You post here on TYM - a FUCKING GOLDMINE of information. Soak up this info of the game, apply it to your game, learn from your losses (EVERYONE loses) and finally, just put the time in. You sound like someone who wants to win, you have all the tools in front you.

The only question is, what you gon do!?
Im almost certain you're the dude who owned my Kabal 3 times in a row lol. Can i add you? i need to get used to the kitana match-up.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I assume you mean mainly Sindel and Noob? They def improved Noobs Zoning game big time by giving him full screen zoning mixups (shadow tackle hitting overhead).

I do agree with your statement, just pointing out that Noobs zoning did def get better post patch.
It's only a mixup at point blank when you can't clearly see which shadow they're throwing, where it is also extremely unsafe. From 1/4 to full screen, it's really, really easy to block correctly on reaction.

I have enjoyed what feels like ten thousand flawlesses on some dipshits though that absolutely had no idea what was going on and just allowed themselves to take it in the ass all match, refusing to do anything but block low. Been and extremely hilarious time for Noob online. Aside from his :l:fp / :d:fp buffs, that's about all the patch really did for him.

patch

Lol the day I got hit by the tackle when I was blocking low I was sad. Then I tried to hit him and I got hit by his armored upkick. Don't even get me started when I fought a stryker who utilized all of his new buffs, and got fucked up by Barakas full screen ex blade charge and his hilarious looking d1. This patch is crazy.
I was expecting a lot of improvements with this patch but i really got dissapointed. negative edge and the instant normals are still buggy. I really hate it when I try to do a move and a normal 4 comes out isntead of d4. negative edge which was supposed to be tweaked hasnt changed at all. overhead projectiles is the most rediculous thing ive ever heard. crazy buffs on jade, sheeva jax and so on. this killed the game, ill try to keep playing the game but I dont think i will enjoy it that much anymore

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I like it.

Before that patch I hated Kung Lao.

Now, I am using him very often and feel I am getting better with him.

Also I think the patch has improved the game. its really balanced now. Saibot shouldnt have got the over head projectile though lol, totally unnecessary

arydious

Noob
I was expecting a lot of improvements with this patch but i really got dissapointed. negative edge and the instant normals are still buggy. I really hate it when I try to do a move and a normal 4 comes out isntead of d4. negative edge which was supposed to be tweaked hasnt changed at all. overhead projectiles is the most rediculous thing ive ever heard. crazy buffs on jade, sheeva jax and so on. this killed the game, ill try to keep playing the game but I dont think i will enjoy it that much anymore
Really i felt those characters needed buffs. I feel the game is more balanced now.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I came back to Mortal Kombat after the patch, and I came to find that they broke the ranking system. I lose almost every ranked match I play because it's not "ranked" anymore. I fought the 2nd best player overall on xbox live the other day. I have 150 wins and about 170 losses, and he was around 8000/2000. This made me put the game back down. Player matches are also not an option because the few people who do still play online only play ranked. Truly a depressing day, yesterday was.

I used to enjoy playing this on xbox live, and I find it ironic that another purpose of this patch was to fix the lag.
The complete opposite happened to me today. At first, yeah, I fought some high-ranked players, and because I was rusty, I lost, and my Trueskill went down. After that, I obsessively tried to gain it back. I believe I played about 50 games, and they were all against people with 20ish or less trueskill. Aggravating for me, and I imagine, for my newbish opponents. -.-

CRKFIEND

Noob
Lol the day I got hit by the tackle when I was blocking low I was sad. Then I tried to hit him and I got hit by his armored upkick. Don't even get me started when I fought a stryker who utilized all of his new buffs, and got fucked up by Barakas full screen ex blade charge and his hilarious looking d1. This patch is crazy.
I was probably that Stryker ;)

The few and the proud.