What's new

Question - Outlaw Am I supposed to just die to the command grab?

I have no idea how to effectively deal with his 21122 block string + command grab mixups. The only way for me to survive unscathed is to guess when he's going to command grab in that string and attack. Meanwhile, he can either just continue the string and end up at -1 on block or hit me with a combo on hit when I guess incorrectly, or he can cancel into ex sand grenade which is +7 on block and combo on hit.

This seems much worse than a 50/50.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Block the string low > when you see the command grab start up, RELEASE BLOCK to avoid it completely and whiff punish. You have options. Heads or tails kind of options...

:DOGE

Also, this is the second thread on this topic...please use search function next time thanks

Last edited:
Block low > interrupt the tackle with d1/3 or RELEASE BLOCK as soon as you see the start up of command grab to avoid it completely and whiff punish.

Also, this is the second thread on this topic...please use search function next time
I don't think I can do that O_O

Not sure if it's just cuz I only play online, but there's no way I'm reacting to 16 frame anythings.

It's hard to even be prepared to react to that considering how fast that string goes.

Are there actually people that can react to it? Does Jesus play MKX? :eek:

Online you're eating command grabs all day son lol. I'd advise local online play at the very most.

Erron is difficult to react to even offline though, I make no apologies for using this scumbag character and/or hitting you with his multiple 50/50s...into 50/50s.
How scary

I don't think I can do that O_O

Not sure if it's just cuz I only play online, but there's no way I'm reacting to 16 frame anythings.

It's hard to even be prepared to react to that considering how fast that string goes.

Are there actually people that can react to it? Does Jesus play MKX? :eek:
16 frames is definitely possible to react to, you're gonna have to be looking for it but good luck trying that online.

16 frames is not reactable, especially in a pressured environment where the attacker has multiple options
My fastest reaction time in game is 11 frames. (I recorded it on my xbone) 11 out of 60 frames is .18 seconds and the average reaction time for people is .21 seconds for a visual stimulus.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
True, BTW I hope I didn't sound like I was saying reacting to the command grab would be easy, but I do believe it is possible to react to it at least once.
If you can't react to it every time then you aren't really reacting. You are guessing.

Someone put up a very good 'test' awhile back. It was testing your reaction time but it wasn't as simple as seeing a red dot turn green. It was seeing the arrow on a keyboard and hitting them as fast as possible and gave you the frames per second you reacted to. Damn I wish I could find it.

Banazama

Noob
If you can't react to it every time then you aren't really reacting. You are guessing.

Someone put up a very good 'test' awhile back. It was testing your reaction time but it wasn't as simple as seeing a red dot turn green. It was seeing the arrow on a keyboard and hitting them as fast as possible and gave you the frames per second you reacted to. Damn I wish I could find it.
It's not the test you mentioned, but the Guilty Gear community made a useful reaction time test that's even applicable to fighting games.

http://puu.sh/48rFU.swf

MK_Al

Noob
But there's a difference in reacting to like an arrow that goes random directions on a screen and the issue we are talking about. A punish in a fighting game - to keep it general - is not a raw reaction; it's a mix of anticipation and reaction. I mean people are whiff punishing normals in SF4.