What's new

Alternate story- what you’d write.

Brighton

Noob
What would you do with the MK story if you could?

I want an MK game where I’m an alternative timeline Earth Realm lost all 10 MK tournaments and the story follows the fighters fighting to free themselves from outworld.
We can see what kind of hellish nightmare Liu Kang and friends would have to fight their way out of to unnerve the realms.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
If they were to continue from the original MK11 ending (having no idea how the story expansion will go) I think the following could work....

They could go back to square one and watch the unveiling of events before MK1:

-Shang Tsung betraying Earthrealm, the rise of Shao Kahn in Onaga's ranks. There could be a Reiko somewhere there of course...

-Reptile and his Zaterans are there as well as Edenians pre-Outworld domination. King Jerrod, Sindel and Rain are candidates in this scenario.

-Goro and his brother Duroc as well as the great Kung Lao (finally) have a part.

-The beginning of Shirai Ryu and Lin Kuei clans AND feud with characters like Hanzo instead of Scorpion, Bi Han training to become the warrior we all know .

-Raiden and Fujin as mortals can be there as well.

Basically , we can get AN ACTUAL MK REBOOT without losing our favourite characters but actually making a fresh start.

Obviously special forces characters take a seat in this more mystical and old school lore-telling.

Brighton

Noob
I really like your imagination and think those story would be well worth playing through.
I want to know what happened at the first MK tournament myself.
Did Outworld show up and just start taking things. How did Earth get involved?

I would love to see a young Shao Kahn.
If they did I want them to make him an orphan like Skarlet but I think he’d be cool if he was just really Misguided.

If he saw all the violence in front of him as a means to escape and how things should be instead of him just being evil. I want him to justify his reasons. But be okay with it.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
i would go back straight to the very first mortal kombat tournament (i mean, thats the name of the game after all). not the one on earth but the other realms. the freedom of design decisions for new chars would be huge.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
So there's a mythical tournament held every 100 years and the best fighters from around the world are invited to fight in it to decide the fate of earth.

It's called Mortal Kombat.

I know it sounds crazy as a story for a Mortal Kombat game, especially when you consider they haven't done this since MK2 anymore...
You’re facting me with facts, and I facting like it.

Brighton

Noob
youd Have to play as the Oldwordlers and your enemy would be Edenia, that’s the realm that got taken over before Earth.
Though we know there’s a vampire realm, chaos and order. Does the tournament happen and EVERY realm send fighters? Or do only the two realms invested have fighters?
On MK 1 everyone is Earth but Scorpion
On MK2 it’s split between outworld and earth
But if you go back to the reboots, other fighters from different realms are participating sometimes.
It’s just a question I’ve had.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
@Brighton Exactly !

Imagine with this "story mode" storytelling how cool an Outworld/Edenia/Earth before MK1 would be.
There is lots of potential for characters in that 1st tournament era. Especially for the bad guys.

Plus, with the current Firegod Liu, human Fujin, human Raiden, human Hanzo and rookie Bihan, there can be interesting changes in their moveset as well.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'd of preferred they just followed the MKX endings with Raiden invading outworld and Kotal Kahn having to invoke Mortal Kombat as a defense.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Chapter 1 - Liu Kang gets his head crushed by Shao Kahn in the very first story cinematic scene.

Chapter 2 - Jacqui is tricked into taking a joyride on the Kahncopter and Shao Kahn kicks her into an active volcano mid-flight.

Chapter 3 - Shao Kahn infiltrates NRS studios and forces developers to patch Breakaways and Fatal Blows out of MK11 and implement MKX's combo system.

Chapter 4 - Shao Kahn becomes president of the Universe and outlaws all consultation with Elder Gods.

Chapter 5 - Mike Haggar becomes Vice President of the Universe.

Chapter 6 - Haggar and Shao take the Kahncopter back to NRS studios and make the devs add tag mode.

Chapter 7 - EVO is held in Outworld and Sonicfox wins with his team of Shao Kahn and Mike Haggar, defeating Ninjakilla's formidable team of Meteor Man and Drahmin 3-2.

Chapter 8 - Shao Kahn uses Kronika's crown to go back in time to kill Liu Kang and Jacqui again.

Credits

Someone please help. I need bars and gyms to come back. I'm losing my fucking mind.

Last edited:

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
MORTAL KOMBAT 12: THE FALLEN ELDER GODFATHER

CHAPTER I

1. Shinnok, Cetrion and Kronika kill Raiden, Bo' Rai Cho and Johnny Cage with help from Fujin, Kung Lao and Cassie Cage, who turn evil
  2. Shinnok marries Cassie Cage, Cetrion marries Kung Lao, Kronika marries Fujin
  3. Liu Kang, Kitana, Kotal Kahn, Jade, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the main heroes left
  4. With Liu Kang being married to Kitana and Kotal Kahn being married to Jade, Scorpion and Sub-Zero have no other choice than to marry each other
  5. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika kill Liu Kang, Kitana, Kotal Kahn, Jade, Scorpion and Sub-Zero
CHAPTER II

1. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika are confronted by other couples: Shao Kahn and Sindel; Goro and Mileena; Rain and Tanya
  2. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika kill Shao Kahn, Sindel, Goro, Mileena, Rain and Tanya
CHAPTER III

1. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika are confronted by other couples: Reiko and Skarlet; Onaga and Nitara; Kabal and Kira
  2. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika kill Reiko, Skarlet, Onaga, Nitara, Kabal and Kira
CHAPTER IV

1. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung reform the Deadly Alliance along with Noob Saibot, Kia, Jataaka and Sareena
  2. Quan Chi marries Kia, Shang Tsung marries Jataaka, Noob Saibot marries Sareena
  3. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika are confronted by Quan Chi, Kia, Shang Tsung, Jataaka, Noob Saibot and Sareena
  4. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika kill Quan Chi, Kia, Shang Tsung, Jataaka, Noob Saibot and Sareena
  5. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika celebrate all their victories
AFTER CREDITS SCENES

1. D'Vorah is still alive somewhere
  2. Sonya Blade confronts Cassie Cage about marrying Shinnok
  3. Shinnok makes Cassie Cage and Sonya Blade "an offer they can't refuse" #FallenElderGodfather
  4. Cassie Cage and Sonya Blade accept the offer and Shinnok goes "Corrupted"
  5. For some reason, Cassie Cage and Sonya Blade are screaming louder than Maria Sharapova while playing tennis
And this, my kombatants, is Shinnok's revenge for the MKX events.

Last edited:

Brighton

Noob
MORTAL KOMBAT 12: THE FALLEN ELDER GODFATHER

CHAPTER I

1. Shinnok, Cetrion and Kronika kill Raiden, Bo' Rai Cho and Johnny Cage with help from Fujin, Kung Lao and Cassie Cage, who turn evil
  2. Shinnok marries Cassie Cage, Cetrion marries Kung Lao, Kronika marries Fujin
  3. Liu Kang, Kitana, Kotal Kahn, Jade, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the main heroes left
  4. With Liu Kang being married to Kitana and Kotal Kahn being married to Jade, Scorpion and Sub-Zero have no other choice than to marry each other
  5. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika kill Liu Kang, Kitana, Kotal Kahn, Jade, Scorpion and Sub-Zero
CHAPTER II

1. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika are confronted by other couples: Shao Kahn and Sindel; Goro and Mileena; Rain and Tanya
  2. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika kill Shao Kahn, Sindel, Goro, Mileena, Rain and Tanya
CHAPTER III

1. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika are confronted by other couples: Reiko and Skarlet; Onaga and Nitara; Kabal and Kira
  2. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika kill Reiko, Skarlet, Onaga, Nitara, Kabal and Kira
CHAPTER IV

1. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung reform the Deadly Alliance along with Noob Saibot, Kia, Jataaka and Sareena
  2. Quan Chi marries Kia, Shang Tsung marries Jataaka, Noob Saibot marries Sareena
  3. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika are confronted by Quan Chi, Kia, Shang Tsung, Jataaka, Noob Saibot and Sareena
  4. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika kill Quan Chi, Kia, Shang Tsung, Jataaka, Noob Saibot and Sareena
  5. Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Kung Lao, Cetrion, Fujin and Kronika celebrate all their victories
AFTER CREDITS SCENES

1. D'Vorah is still alive somewhere
  2. Sonya Blade confronts Cassie Cage about marrying Shinnok
  3. Shinnok makes Cassie Cage and Sonya Blade "an offer they can't refuse" #FallenElderGodfather
  4. Cassie Cage and Sonya Blade accept the offer and Shinnok goes "Corrupted"
  5. For some reason, Cassie Cage and Sonya Blade are screaming louder than Maria Sharapova while playing tennis
And this, my kombatants, is Shinnok's revenge for the MKX events.
You’ve give this some thought comrade

Cicada 5

Noob
A timeline in which Edenia never lost to Outworld and have to deal with their attempts to conquer them. Would have Taven as a main protagonist in an action adventure game.

A timeline where Frost finds the remaining Cryomancers.

An alternate timeline of Kai joining the Kombat Kids.

1. Shao kahns conquest to create a current outworld ( from his perspective)
  2. Shinoks fall from eldergod status. ( his perspective and some other gods perspective)
  3. MK of great kung laos era.
  4. Expended civil war in outworld ( mkx style, but a lot more of it )
  5. MKX continuation of evil raiden saga. ( earthrealm as bad guys now )
Take your pick :D

For me, I simply want a Mortal Kombat RPG, something along the lines of Jade Empire, but modern. Not an MMO either, a proper single player RPG.

Set it during the original trilogy/Mortal Kombat (2011) time frame, since that's the most iconic and has the most popular characters.

So there's a mythical tournament held every 100 years and the best fighters from around the world are invited to fight in it to decide the fate of earth.

It's called Mortal Kombat.

I know it sounds crazy as a story for a Mortal Kombat game, especially when you consider they haven't done this since MK2 anymore...
Slow down Mr. Vulcan. Big budget companies don't take kindly to this logic thing.

Brighton

Noob
  1. Shao kahns conquest to create a current outworld ( from his perspective)
  2. Shinoks fall from eldergod status. ( his perspective and some other gods perspective)
  3. MK of great kung laos era.
  4. Expended civil war in outworld ( mkx style, but a lot more of it )
  5. MKX continuation of evil raiden saga. ( earthrealm as bad guys now )
Take your pick :D
You might get your wish if they ever do a MK from the first tournament, was the Great Kung Lao champion?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I would take the 3D stories - the revival of Onaga and the Dragon King's Army, Shujinko's journey to gather the Kamidogu, and Taven VS Daegon and the Pyramid Of Argus - and mash them together into one concurrent story, that's being told while Taven is helping Shujinko escape Shao Kahn's prison as Armageddon is drawing near.

I'll never understand why Shujinko gets so much flak. He's legitimately the Pai Mei of Mortal Kombat. You sprinkle the two of them (mostly Taven) with some Redesign Cool Dust as we've seen succeed with plenty of other characters (the most recent and amazing of which being Sheeva and Fujin), team them up like a young boi + Granddad version of Liu and Lao, and that's your new Shaolin Monks style team that you could build a whole new game around. A completely reborn rendition of Konquest, in which you could tell ALL the story there is between the Six Realms - the fall of Edenia, the true nature of the One Being, the relationships between the Elder Gods, the war over water between Orderrealm and Chaosrealm, the Outworld rebellions, what life was like when Onaga was in charge, how Shujinko's interactions with other Kombatants over the ages shapes the events of the timelines, and for the love of all the realms, BRING BACK ALL THE MARTIAL ARTS INFLUENCE. One of the BIGGEST reasons I love the 3D games is because they were FULL of the stuff, from the dozens of fighting stances and weapon styles, to the Koncept Art in the Krypts explaining them and showing you the mokap footage of the martial artists. It's one of the things that's made MK great forever, and I would LOVE to see them so back to that well. The material is all there and could easily be shaped into an AMAZING action/adventure experience.