What's new

Alterative Wake-ups?

As Scorpion players we probably feel at great disadvantage on wake-up due to Scorpion's options. Teleport is slow on start up & easily baited & so is Takedown. But after some weeks of play I found a mind game w/ Hellfire to bait your opponent into a jip or jik that will get them punished w/ 3~teleport. After you wake up spring off Hellfire as quick as you can because your opponent is most likely trying to bait a Teleport to get full punish. After he is hit w/ Hellfire naturally he will opt to jump in & that's when you spring off 3~teleport. After your opponent catches wind of your strategy he will start to jump in automatically on your wake up in fear of the Hellfire then you just go straight for the 3~teleport anti air.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
This is the right idea. People complain about Scorp's wake-up attacks sucking but they are good enough for people to back off and respect them...which is the whole intention of a wake-up move. Wake up hellfire is good for these people waiting.

I gotta ask, how do you escape the corner as Scorpion? If I fight a Kitana and I happen to get pushed to the corner and get knocked down, she will usually spam d1 defeating all my wake-up attacks.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
I gotta ask, how do you escape the corner as Scorpion? If I fight a Kitana and I happen to get pushed to the corner and get knocked down, she will usually spam d1 defeating all my wake-up attacks.
D3, D4, EN Teleport seems like the best option since it pokes her out of range before you go for EN Teleport. Then again, I haven't had much experience.

:en Teleport is you best option but thats one of Scorp's cons that its hard for him to escape pressure BUT it helps to know your opponents strings....take Liu Kang for example, his to most common strings are 2,1,3 & the infamous B+3,1,2....I know that if he does 2,1,3 & i block the overhead it will push him back to give me enough space for an EX teleport & if he does B+3,1,2 I can D+1 him then safe jump as he tries to attack again

Pagan

Noob
Ha! I wish people did that to me. My general experience has been that people try to pressure the hell out of me on wake up when playing Scorpion. My prefered method of wakey wakey with Scorpion is to just stand up and then immediately E Spear since most people are not afraid of Scorpion on wake up. Once and a while I will do the slide to remind my opponent that Scorpion does have one or two wake up options if need be.