What's new

Alright Alright!!! BA is good, what do you suggest?

Error

DF2+R2
Just tone down the damage on f12 1+3 and that is it. Maybe slight reduction on trait cooldown...but it is probably fine. Other than that I think he is just top tier, not OP...so no need to do anything insane.
Basically what I suggested to someone before.

Like u said.
A mb Special that Launch AND is Plus on Block is braindead and dumb.
No Char should have these Option.
Its Another thing to mb a Special, that Launch, to make it safe on Block!
I don't get why you think a special that can be block confirmed to make it safe with meterburn is any less dumb than a special you have to commit the meter to make it safe?

Like u said.
A mb Special that Launch AND is Plus on Block is braindead and dumb.
No Char should have these Option.
Its Another thing to mb a Special, that Launch, to make it safe on Block!
I'm sure there are several other characters that have the same. Swamp thing for one, and no one is calling him top tier. Like others have said I think all that is really needed is a slight damage nerf.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
- Less damage

- Regular divekick and MB divekick both -40 on block (this would make the divekick at best about -20 when he uses it at very low height)

- Less HP: from 1050 to 950 or even 850 to don't need to nerf his normals and strings because when you nerf normals and strings, people get very sad and drop the character or even the GAME because they will have to learn again to use the character. So, nerfing the HP is a much better thing.
So he generally does less damage, his dive kick becomes unusable, and he gets a permanent Bane venom debut??? :eek:

Rey

Reycier
Basically what I suggested to someone before.

I don't get why you think a special that can be block confirmed to make it safe with meterburn is any less dumb than a special you have to commit the meter to make it safe?
Cause its a differents to Invest a bar to Keep It SAFE not PLUS or Invest a bar to get a Full Combo on hit OR to be PLUS on block

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
you gotta learn again how to use the character, and that makes people so annoyed that some of them drop the character or even the game (think about Johnny Cage, Jax, etc when they got nerfed in MKX).
Bad examples. Comparing Black Adam's strings and normals to run cancels doesn't work because the run cancels required a lot of practice and execution to get right. Black Adam does not have strings/normals that require a lot of practice in either the neutral or combos, meaning that if you nerf them you don't have to relearn the character.

What string/normal nerfs would you consider something that you have to relearn Black Adam over?

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
scaling on divekick, and good fucking god increase the cooldown on trait

I honestly just think he needs a damage nerf, mainly on his f12 string since it seems to do the most damage.
Also trait shouldn't be able to kill, it's so lame seeing Adam's win in tourney after a match has been close the whole set but now he has trait and it's over.
Divekick should only be safe if MB'ed, no matter how low it hits.

Those changes would keep him viable
Always said if I could make *one* change to Black Adam it would be to remove the ability of the trait to kill. Not even Trident Rush is as anti hype IMO as INJ 1 and 2 Black adam laming it up until he can trait and dash in. Even with other proposed nerfs he'll still have plenty of tools, so make him earn the damn kill.

wsj515

His divekick will not become unusable. lmao. That shit is like 3/4 screen, overhead, very fast, can do CROSS-UP setups and full combo for 1 bar or without a bar if BA hits airbourne.

And about the HP health: yeah. i think that is a great change on him instead of nerfing normals and strings because as i said, when you nerf normals and strings of characters, you gotta learn again how to use the character, and that makes people so annoyed that some of them drop the character or even the game (think about Johnny Cage, Jax, etc when they got nerfed in MKX).

When i see these top tier characters, i think about Akuma: crazy normals, strings, specials and damage, but very low health.
But you literally suggested they nerf his damage. With your version of Adam, you can't use dive kick outside of a punish (but what? bane's whiffed charge?) or a hard read. Read wrong, you just spent a bar for what would have been mediocre damage (you nerfed the damage) and are now at -40, so get b3'ed into 60% damage meterless because you nerfed his health.

Yeah, your suggested changes are ridiculous. Would love to see how you'd gut Batman, Aquaman, Atrocitus, etc. Damage nerf is one thing, a dive kick nerf is very questionable but debatable (but not -40 lol), a health nerf is just straight stupid, especially alongside other nerfs.

- Less HP: from 1050 to 950 or even 850 to don't need to nerf his normals and strings because when you nerf normals and strings, people get very sad and drop the character or even the GAME because they will have to learn again to use the character. So, nerfing the HP is a much better thing.
I love this idea. Sure, black adam's combos still do 600 damage. But your combos hurt him just as much with this solution

wsj515

I think that his damage and divekick are not the only problems.
He has one of the best jump arcs in the game (try to zone him while he is jumping and compare it with other characters), his trait takes soooo long, kills the opponent and the cooldown is not bad, his f1,2 string is totally safe and the last hit is an overhead, his d1 is 6 frames, good range, -4 on block (mash mash mash) and he can special cancel it with his trait and df1, he can do cyrax level HTBs with his orb at the corner, he can jump on everyone cause his j2 has a huge hitbox that reaches even the tip of the back of his foot (lmao) and cross-up, but no one can jump on him cause his D2 is thaaaat good (7 frames and phantom hitbox), plus frames with the trait, you can't zone him cause of the divekick + jump arc + his zoning/anti-zoning specials, he is pretty much safe on everything... he has much more things about why he is so busted, but i gotta go to the gym now :p
Ok, now I know what I'm dealing with. Almost everything you listed here is sooo wrong, not worth discussing balance changes. My favorite:
d1 is 6 frames, good range, -4 on block (mash mash mash)
No idea we had cyrax level htbs with bombs, yeah those have probably got to go. :DOGE

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
This might also serve as a buff, the airborne properties make the mid and even overhead portion of the string whiff occasionally on ducking characters.
Agreed, I actually like the airborne state he's in, leads for a clean D2 punish very often even under the mid.
Don't change the string just nerf the damage.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Idk I think we should nerf Joker

Exactly what I'm saying.. Man his neutral.. those strings and mixups and stuff.

Joker is one of the most OP characters in the game imo so long as you start every round with heavy frame advantage, already in the corner, a couple bars of meter and with teeth out. And I dunno about you all but that's how I start every match.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Idk I think we should nerf Joker

Exactly what I'm saying.. Man his neutral.. those strings and mixups and stuff.

Joker is one of the most OP characters in the game imo so long as you start every round with heavy frame advantage, already in the corner, a couple bars of meter and with teeth out. And I dunno about you all but that's how I start every match.

Make it so his trait doesn't kill (should be a universal change anyways) chip in general killing is too much. Other than that scale his damage , that's literally all he needs imo I really hope they don't overnerf this character. He's probably the most fun I've had in a character in so long , not because he's broke but because he just has most things I want in a character