What's new

Tech - Necromancer Almost Guaranteed Hand Squash and EX Hand Squash Setup

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Have you tested this out yourself personally? I think you should try it on several characters using both Shinnok and said character for tech roll testing. I'm still not done with every character, but it's working out very well against their tech rolls into etc. Teleport characters destroy this tech and slow/non-advancing specials get bodied by it. As long as I guess right as to where you're going to move, I can hit you. Depending on what you do after the tech roll and where I guess to position the Hand also affects as to where the Hand will land. It's a little gimmicky, but not to the extent you're making it seem.

The only way this could be 100% viable in high level play would be if you could cancel Hand Squash. That way my opponent would have to guess if I'm committing to the move or canceling it so I can block, close gaps, etc.
I mean I'll lab it for a while tomorrow but if you can tech roll it and there are options as simple as tech roll jump forward to get out of it I just don't see it as as effective as it first looks. It's like Goro's stomp in that all you need to do it time your backdash right to take advantage of the invincibility or even run out of it. You're right about being able to control it to hit them on a read and I'm not saying this is an unviable setup but it depends how easy it is to get out of for everyone. I'll test it on different characters and see if this does at least half decent against anyone in particular.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I mean I'll lab it for a while tomorrow but if you can tech roll it and there are options as simple as tech roll jump forward to get out of it I just don't see it as as effective as it first looks. It's like Goro's stomp in that all you need to do it time your backdash right to take advantage of the invincibility or even run out of it. You're right about being able to control it to hit them on a read and I'm not saying this is an unviable setup but it depends how easy it is to get out of for everyone. I'll test it on different characters and see if this does at least half decent against anyone in particular.
Back dashing will evade it, but if I delay my input, the back dash won't matter because of the recovery after.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Also a couple of things that spring to mind:
1. DF4EX is a more optimal combo extender usually but using MB Hellsparks for this specific combo seems to give 1% more. However using DF4EX allows you to do NJP, JI2 which gives slightly more advantage than NJP, JI1.
2. This setup is asking a meter reliant variation to spend 2 bars to not even guarantee 32%...I don't think it's worth it unfortunately.
3. Where did you get that J1 was +50 on hit? It's definitely not lol. The only thing to do with j1s that are +50 on hit is a raw NJP which isn't what you're ending with in this setup.

Although while in the lab I did find some completely different tech so thanks for making me go into the lab I guess haha.
Recovery on back dash.
Yeah but you're reacting with a backdash, not guessing. It has 58 frames of startup so there's more than enough time to recognise when it's coming and backdash accordingly. Even if you delay the input he'll still be able to react to 58 frames.