What's new

Tech - Raiden All Variations Standing Reset and Wake up Reversal

So I've been lurking on TYM for a while and never posted anything, but I think I will play MKX a lot heavier than the last two games. I've been mainly playing displacer Raiden and anyone can add me on xbox one if they want (Brown Cow 54). Anyway I feel like the standing reset may be already known, but I didn't see it stated anywhere. Basically you can just end any combo into back 1,4 and it will cause a standing reset at which raiden is +7. As for the wake up reversal if you are in the corner and do a combo such as 3,4 into 2,1,3 they will be high enough in the air that doing forward 4 will whiff and put you on the other side of them. I don't know if it's worth putting yourself into the corner for it, but I thought it was interesting and that people may want to mess with it.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Yeah, b14 part is being actively used in combo threads, sometimes you can do b14~lightning in the corner to deal more damage and to be +9 instead. The rest, I haven't seen that yet :)

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Yeah, b14 part is being actively used in combo threads, sometimes you can do b14~lightning in the corner to deal more damage and to be +9 instead. The rest, I haven't seen that yet :)
I figured out you can actually do this from any combo that has b14 ender. It has to be buffered however. This makes his vortex so tricky

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I figured out you can actually do this from any combo that has b14 ender. It has to be buffered however. This makes his vortex so tricky
But of course it must be buffered, otherwise it never connects! But even if you do, it sometimes won't combo.