What's new

All crouching hurtboxes should be made the same size

As someone who loves Injustice 2 and has massive fun playing it most of the time, probably one of my biggest pet peeves is the issue of crouching hurtboxes.

For me it's very frustrating that you can have a projectile which is supposed to hit mid, yet some characters can simply crouch under it and have it whiff completely (e.g. Harley's Pop Pop Gun), or that you can have a string into high hitting special that jails on some of the cast but not all (Harley's b2 into gunshot). For the former, a mid should be a damn mid. For the latter, it should either work on everyone or work on no one. And then there's the bullshit with jump-ins which connect on some crouching opponents but not others...

At the risk of sounding a bit ridiculous, I'd honestly rather they just made all crouching hurtboxes the same size to at least make it consistent. It would look a tad silly at times to have the same hurtbox mapped to the likes of both Black Canary and Gorilla Grodd, but I'd honestly prefer that to the above that happens currently.

And this genuinely isn't me being salty. Sure, it's annoying when it happens to me, but even when it's happening to my opponent and I'm benefiting from it, it feels unfair and faintly absurd. Other hurtbox issues such as Catwoman's b3 could do with some looking into as well, but that's harder to balance properly... It would also be nice if they patched up the 'floating characters making lows whiff randomly' thing too, but people were complaining about that quite vocally back in 2013 and nothing got done about it, so... yeah.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Inb4 everyone gets canary's crpuching hitbox.

On a more serious note, I'd prefer if they adjusted hitboxes to be consistent instead of generalising hurtboxes. It's more work but it also looks a lot more natural and less ridiculous