What's new

Alfred E. Krueger

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
I'm sorry, but I can't really be the only one that was sort of stunned when I saw the in-game Freddy portrait for the first time, can I?

Couldn't they have added even a hit of menace? He's grinning gormlessly like an obese special needs kid that just spied a cake.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
For me it was more strange to hear the announcer say his name, "Freddy Krueger". That moment for me was wtf. I thought at first it was because of the first and last name, but then there is lou kang, and kung lao, but those names are so iconic, but then again so is Freddy Krueger... idk, did anyone else grimace when they heard the name out loud in game?

hardwire

Noob
For me it was more strange to hear the announcer say his name, "Freddy Krueger". That moment for me was wtf. I thought at first it was because of the first and last name, but then there is lou kang, and kung lao, but those names are so iconic, but then again so is Freddy Krueger... idk, did anyone else grimace when they heard the name out loud in game?
as much as i love having him in game i did

it just did not sound natural at all

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
He feels like a joke character but taken too seriously to be a joke. I'm fine with a Dan from street fighter joke character, but this is an uncanny valley situation, he's neither her nor there. There's just something about hearing the announcer say the name that feels odd.

Piggy

City Slicker
Most definitely. Sounded so.... Odd...

Piggy

City Slicker
I'm sorry, but I can't really be the only one that was sort of stunned when I saw the in-game Freddy portrait for the first time, can I?

Couldn't they have added even a hit of menace? He's grinning gormlessly like an obese special needs kid that just spied a cake.
I don't like the look either. Wished they used Robert Englund as the original model.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Freddy is a joke character, except this character is as big of a joke as dan with a 70% ublockable taunt.