What's new

Alas, it has been rented... ^_^

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I found it at Hollywood Video...how they snuck it from Game Crazy who is not selling it is beyond me but I have it now lol

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
PS3...

@Goo, I rented it so I don't have to wait two days out of my four day weekend to play it!

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
well I guess you got your xmas present early! I'll have to wait till this game drops below $5 at the bargain bins at walmart to afford this :(

Noob
Holy long story mode,Batman! I played through it(MK Side) and wow... long game in story mode.

Some of the characters seem to have some pretty cool combos actually. It's gonna take some getting used to, and the best part, I'm playing on my stick.

As for the gameplay, the best way I can describe it is that it feels like a semi-hybrid 3d MK and 2d MK. Fear not, the 3d MK part of the game is the fact that it's got dial combos that are similar to the 3d games, but much, MUCH shorter..as in Soul Calibur shorter. Outside of that, the game plays fairly 2d. The "Pro" moves seem to be just very difficult "just frames" moves...as you may have read before and it's true. You have such a small window to perform them... such as Scorpion's double teleport punch(which has been changed and now hits 2 times) or Sonya's double bike kick. Other than that, most of the dial combos can be interrupted by a special move and continue the combo. The highest combo I've managed so far was 7 or 8 hits for 36%. There seems to be something akin to damage protection too. When I do a dial combo that uses only one special move it does close to the same damage as a 7 hit combo that's continued after a special move in the middle of a combo. If I have one big downfall, it's that the difficult juggle combos that require specials in them seem to give less reward than straight up dial combos. Hence, the damage protection.

Overall, so far, I'm having fun, but I'm not quite ready to say this game is the next entry into high level, serious competitive MK. The game is definitely fun. Once we get some in person and online time with it, we'll know if it'll be a serious fighter or not.

Noob
Oh, a note on the other Kombat "modes".

Rage can definitely change a round. If you're losing and you activate Rage, you can get right back into it and stand a chance.

Free Fall Kombat is ok. It's a guessing game though. If you press the same attack as your opponent, you'll switch.

Close Kombat is the same with the guessing game. It's not integral to gameplay though. It's sorta like stopping a hockey game for a fight, only to continue to play the game after it's done. It's nice the first once or twice you do it, but then it's repetitive because it's essentially the same guessing game as free fall kombat.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It does have some strategy to it where you can watch where your opponent dodges (what button they press, you can see a reaction from the character) then press the appropriate button.