What's new

AK Reno Racks wins Atlanta Kombat Arena #5!

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Another week in Atlanta, another power packed Injustice-fest from the Atlanta Kombat Krew. This week brought upon us the fifth installment of the Atlanta Kombat Arena. 14 players were in attendance this Friday to do battle in Atlanta after a strong showing at The Fall Classic (8 in the Top 32). Saltface and Pig of the Hut were two major names not able to attend but tons of competition was still present to do battle.

AKA 5 Grand Finals AK Reno_Racks vs AK Harold   YouTube.png

After a lot of intense action the top 3 came out to be Reno Racks in Winners and Tyler Lantern vs Harold in losers finals. Harold was on a warpath after losing a very close set to Tyler earlier and quickly claimed his revenge 3-0. In Grand Finals, Reno continues the strong play from his Bruce Wayne that many experienced this past weekend from his 13th place finish at TFC. Reno was able to quickly dispose of Harold's Flash 3-0 to claim victory from inside his very own home. Congratulations to Reno for his victory and his stellar play.

This marks the first of many possible victories for Reno and his Batman. With a looming patch and only a Battle and Brew this coming thursday before it, who will end up on top at the end of this version of the game? Reno has certainly made a statement for his name to be in the discussions along with players such as Pig of the Hut, Saltface, Smarr, Harold, Tyler Lantern, RTD, Goomba, and many more. Be sure to tune in thursday for the last BNB for some time (a couple months) to see who will take the crown again!

--------Top 8 Results/Characters--------

1- AK Reno_Racks (Batman, Batgirl)
2- AK Harold (The Flash)
3- AK TylerLantern (Green Lantern, Catwoman)
4- AK Smarrgasm (Black Adam)
5- AK elitegoomba (Wonder Woman, Aquaman)
5- AK rtd (Sinestro)
7- AK Trepound380 (Hawkgirl)
7- AK_IchokeonKush (Batman, Solomon Grundy)

Full results at www.challonge.com/atlantakombatarena5

More videos from this AKA and others on www.Youtube.com/Atlantakombat and www.youtube.com/pighut

Video Archive at: http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/b/463751628

Kumar vs Harold - 54:00
TylerLantern vs StormTheGates - 1:02:55
RTD vs Trepound - 1:55:00
Reno Racks vs EliteGoomba - 1:34:25
TylerLantern vs Harold - 1:59:30
RTD vs IChokeOnCush - 2:16:20
Harold vs Trepound - 2:34:50
TylerLantern vs Smarrgasm - 2:52:10
RTD vs Reno 3:10:00
Smarrgasm vs EliteGoomba 3:23:30
Harold vs RTD - 3:32:15

Winner's Finals (Reno vs Tyler Lantern)​
Loser's Finals (Harold vs Tyler Lantern)​
Grand Finals (Reno vs Harold)​

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Congrats to Reno and Harold. I was on a warpath through the bracket matches, beating Smarrgasm and Harold. When I made it to Winner Finals, I just ran out of fuel. Making it to Winners Finals and Top 3 is not bad amongst these AK beasts.

My match with Smarrgasm started out Catwoman vs MMH. I win the first match, then he switched to Black Adam. I beat his Black Adam with Catwoman in that match, but the next match he beat my Catwoman making 2-1 in my favor. Then again, he beats my Catwoman. I then felt like I needed to switch to Green Lantern. I barely pulled out the win. To see this, check out the Twitch video archive at 2:52:15. Here is the link:
http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/b/463751628

My first match with Harold was my Catwoman vs his Flash. He was able to pull out a close win making 1-0 in his favor. I then switched to Green Lantern and we battled it out until it was 2-2. I made the greatest comeback I have ever made in the last match. Those matches can be seen in the Twitch video archive at 1:59:40. It is the same link as above.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
These are the bracket matches and times they can be found on the Twitch video archive. Here is the link: http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/b/463751628

AK GamerBlake - Maybe this should be added to the original post before the videos of the Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals? I have had a few people ask me where to find the other matches besides the finals.

Nice tourney. Man Clint the Beast is a scrubby player. Every character he pick in tourney after tourney he just spams like 3 moves. Learn the game man.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
These are the bracket matches and times they can be found on the Twitch video archive. Here is the link: http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/b/463751628

AK GamerBlake - Maybe this should be added to the original post before the videos of the Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals? I have had a few people ask me where to find the other matches besides the finals.
Done, Tyler.

I did actually tell Goomba to "hold this for me" when I hit em with Babs' super to take the set. I've been wanting to say that for a while.

Eeeeeh, not entirely what I was hoping for, but as Batgirl does fight on the side of Gotham...I'll let you off the hook. *shrugs*

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
For those who asked me on YouTube to see my bracket fights against AK Harold and AK BYS Smarrgasm, here they are. I use Catwoman in both, then switch to Green Lantern. I got some good resets going with Green Lantern against AK Harold in the last match and made an amazing comeback.

AK TylerLantern vs AK BYS Smarrgasm

AK TylerLantern vs AK Harold

Again, everyone played great matches. Huge congrats to RENO for taking this tournament win, he deserves it. Anytime anyone from AK or anyone else wants some fights, be sure to get at me on PSN at the gamer tag TylerLantern.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Lol Reno said "hey man hold this for me"

Congrats Reno!!!!

And killer props to Tyler lantern who is packing one mean tough pussy (most clever catwoman reference I can make ...deleted it and re typed 3 times lol)

You have to say that in a Steve Irwin crocodile voice. I look forward to commentating all your matches in that voice