What's new

Strategy - Sub-Zero Air to air knock down game

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Started using jik a lot to go for knock downs to run up into f33 and realized subs jik is really good , like scorpion good. Doesn't cancel into anything like scorpions but it beats out a lot of others options. Out of ten matches or so of me spamming jiks jus to try it out , no one I played in ranked could beat it. It was actually funny seeing how many I landed. A lot of times when they blocked I would d3 into cross up or just back dash and continue the jiks. Really good for the knock down game.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
You can follow most air-to-air jik's with slide mid screen to squeeze a little bit more damage out of it.

In the corner, jik should be used to stop neutral jumps/ jump outs over njp if you can help it. You can convert a jumping 3 into a freeze instead, saving njp for a better ender afterwards. Experiment with the possibilities, as I know you can hit deep jik, d1, b12 xx clone on a standing opponent, but I'm not sure how the air to air hit changes the juggle.

Feel free to look for anti-air shatter conversions as well. I'll try to find some time to test these out tonight (although I think some of the leg work has been done a few pages back).

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Air to air jik in the corner is pretty good. If you land a higher one you can net b2 on their way back down for something like jik (air2air), b2, d1, b12 xx clone, njp, jip, f12.

For mid height conversions, you can hit jik>242... And for low conversions, the previously mentioned jik>d1, b12 xx clone works.

Jip works for these as well, but the collision of jump 3 is more likely to win in an air to air contest. All combos performed on male character (Scorpion). Test and tailor to your preference for females. Personally, I'd just replace b12 with b3 and hope for the best.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I think it depends vs who. Dvorah and KJ tend to beat my jik a lot with their njp, otherwise I agree his air to air is very strong

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I think Scorpion's jump 3 beats SZ's pretty clean too. Higher risk for certain match ups, and is the air to air risk better than waiting for the anti air b2?

zoofs

bless
You can follow most air-to-air jik's with slide mid screen to squeeze a little bit more damage out of it.

In the corner, jik should be used to stop neutral jumps/ jump outs over njp if you can help it. You can convert a jumping 3 into a freeze instead, saving njp for a better ender afterwards. Experiment with the possibilities, as I know you can hit deep jik, d1, b12 xx clone on a standing opponent, but I'm not sure how the air to air hit changes the juggle.

Feel free to look for anti-air shatter conversions as well. I'll try to find some time to test these out tonight (although I think some of the leg work has been done a few pages back).
I use b2, 1, 1, b12 clone ender on a shatter conversion if relatively up close and they were mid jump or run, 1, 1, 1, b12 clone ender, don't have anything for females so I usually just go for damage or use meter