What's new

Tech Air to Air Jump Kick Combo conversion midscreen

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
While I am sure many sonya players have done this, in my brief look through the forums I did not see this discussed so I might as well post it. If sonya hits an air to air jump kick midscreen and cancels it into divekick, sometimes the divekick will whiff and she can dash forward and combo, ending in a reset. This is good because normally you cannot combo off of an air to air jump kick midscreen, but they normally beat punches so they are oftentimes the better option. While this is very inconsistent when jumping forward ( it depends on how much higher your opponent is than you when you hit them with the kick), I have been fairly successful using this off of a jump back kick. I have been using this as an anti crossup move and it has been effective. here is a video showing what I am talking about. I apoligize for the crappy video, i was trying to hold the camera (which was only my phone) while still executing, because the record feature was being difficult and couldnt recognize when the divekick whiffed or didnt whiff. Ignore my rambling about sonyas tier placement lol.
Pig Of The Hut Death GamerBlake90 Showtime Claude VonStroke Evil_Riu48 MortySeinfeld @All sonya players lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
While I am sure many sonya players have done this, in my brief look through the forums I did not see this discussed so I might as well post it. If sonya hits an air to air jump kick midscreen and cancels it into divekick, sometimes the divekick will whiff and she can dash forward and combo, ending in a reset. This is good because normally you cannot combo off of an air to air jump kick midscreen, but they normally beat punches so they are oftentimes the better option. While this is very inconsistent when jumping forward ( it depends on how much higher your opponent is than you when you hit them with the kick), I have been fairly successful using this off of a jump back kick. I have been using this as an anti crossup move and it has been effective. here is a video showing what I am talking about. I apoligize for the crappy video, i was trying to hold the camera (which was only my phone) while still executing, because the record feature was being difficult and couldnt recognize when the divekick whiffed or didnt whiff. Ignore my rambling about sonyas tier placement lol.
Pig Of The Hut Death GamerBlake90 Showtime Claude VonStroke Evil_Riu48 MortySeinfeld @All sonya players lol
Ive been doing this since day 1 :)

Only because I use to do this all the time w CSZ but for different purposes such as JIP (Blocked) cancel instant dive kick (DK whiffs) in for pressure off JIP advantage

Awesome post - This will surely bring her out of the cellar of being bottom 10 :p

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Ive been doing this since day 1 :)

Only because I use to do this all the time w CSZ but for different purposes such as JIP (Blocked) cancel instant dive kick (DK whiffs) in for pressure off JIP advantage

Awesome post - This will surely bring her out of the cellar of being bottom 10 :p
Haha thanks, there is a lot of stuff you can do with canceling air moves that are not being used. I am going into the lab to look at that csz thing right now.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Haha thanks, there is a lot of stuff you can do with canceling air moves that are not being used. I am going into the lab to look at that csz thing right now.
yea cross over opponent on block and do jip dk and dk will whiff for free pressure

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Just an update on this you guys, i was using it last night (albeit online) and was hitting the jump back kick one like 90 percent of the time, and the jumping forward one about 30 percent of the time, so it is definetly viable.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Just an update on this tech, I have been using it with huge success especially in my corner game. You can even hitconfirm the jump kick and cancel into divekick so if they don't do anything you won't be full comboed.