What's new

Tech Air gotcha grab vs. Sektor

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Just dash on the opposite direction of the tp and you re fine. No need to be flashy. That way you can also punish the whiffed tp as well.

Post edited.

You wont find a GOOD sektor doing Just regular teles, try doing that on an instant tele on reaction then ill be impressed

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Tyrant, your an amazing player, and you do some fly shit, but...

If you know the wake up teleport is coming, why not just bait it and punish it on block? As this only makes it wiff and you miss a full punish...I saw you doing this in the Jax mirror, you would predict a dive punch wake up, then air grab, but same again, if you were good enough to call it, you could have full combo punished it ( or what Jax calls a punish lol ).

You know what I mean?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Tyrant, your an amazing player, and you do some fly shit, but...

If you know the wake up teleport is coming, why not just bait it and punish it on block? As this only makes it wiff and you miss a full punish...I saw you doing this in the Jax mirror, you would predict a dive punch wake up, then air grab, but same again, if you were good enough to call it, you could have full combo punished it ( or what Jax calls a punish lol ).

You know what I mean?
Tyrant is all about style! It gets in their heads yo! ! !

If he blocks and punishes then you kan think oh, he blocked, how innovative...
But if he AA gotcha grabs you in anticipation, then you know he knew what you were going to do!

It makes the opponent (in the words of EGP_Shoryuken) "Second Doubt" themselves..

Right Krayzie?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If he blocks and punishes then, how innovative...
But if he AA gotcha grabs you in anticipation, then you know he knew what you were going to do!
They are both exactly the same thing.

It doesn't take any different of a read on the opponent between AA Grab or block punish, the fact is, you have to make the read that the opponent will wake up attack and punish it, otherwise he wouldn't do the grab in anticipation, there is absolutely no difference in the reads, except for AA Grab damage and full combo damage, that is the major difference.

Intact, Tyrant has time to do a ground pound as Sektor lands then NJP, then B12 AA Grab...

LEGEND

YES!
a practical use for this would be to fake out an attack on Sektor while he was knocked down to bait out the Wake-up, Possibly in this scenario you wouldn't have enough time to Dash out of the way or NJP, but the AA grab will still evade it