What's new

AGE NYChris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at Road to EVO Event, Community Effort Orlando 2013

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
You know what would have been better? If half of the stream monsters actually went to the tournament!!!
Kinda hard to get all the way to Orlando from London only to get bodied in my first match. If my financial situation was such that this would've not been an issue I would've so been there

Also, I feel bad for KDZ lol. He looked very sad after he lost to PL, but it happens to the best of us, he has to lift himself up and get rdy for evo. Speaking of PL, I have been talking to him a lot recently and I wasn't surprised when he started using other characters other than scorpion. He is definitely got his game going in IGAU.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Capcom player beat MK players, cool. At least ChrisG doesn't cry "ban scorpion". How ironic that a Scorpion players has ALOT of salt after losing to scorpion. If you don't like Injustice then perhaps it's best to leave that community.

And it was all HYPE as fuck!!

Congratz Chris G, PL & all other players!

regulas

Your Emporer
Please don't try to justify Scorpion not being broken because of Chris G winning with green arrow. He is one of the best players in any game. Secondly, ask yourself what percentage of scorpion players made it out of pools with scorpion/how many scorpions were in top 8. To my knowledge, there were more scorpions in top 8 in this tournament than kabals in any tournament, and kabal was 6-4 everyone. My assumption is everyone who is saying "see not that bad level up" are people who play scorpion (would be an interesting poll). Otherwise, wait till you play a good scorpion. Good luck being as good as chris g lol.

So did all the pro's who used Scorpion suddenly loose all their skill? I love how ChrisG was able to win "because he's that skilled" and that Green Arrow is still seen as a mediocre character, and then all the other Pro players couldn't win with the "broken power Scorpion", obviously Perfect Legend is just such a horrible player that he can't even win with a "handi-cap". You said what percentage took Scorpion, but really a large number of the absolute best players picked him, and that is the main reason he made it into so many slots. Kabal was never a popular character and was only ever picked so much because he was 5-5 or 6-4 against the whole cast. KF is still one of the best character and only 16Bit really uses her heavily.​

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Scorpion is still broken as hell, and the next patch will try to fix some bullshit he has .....

Chris G is an over-the-top excellent player, so, he did his job here, was a "man on mission"

So congratulations and props for GA and Chris G, and don't forget that Scorpion needs those promised nerfs coming up in July 2nd !! ;)

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
I feel the reason that chris g won( not taking away from his skill hes a great player) is that everyone was gearing up for scorpion and banging out that mu thats why harley slipped by aswell i feel come evo people will be ready for ga and harley thats my 2cents and for anyone wondering i main green arrow

The Gabriel

Mean Man
@DangerousBacon

After Superman's super all PL health could be chipped with a single F23xxbreath and KDZ thought it would be a good idea to throw the most predictable F23 I have ever seen on a stream, so PL did a jump back 2 into a combo. The end.
Which only worked because of batman's broken j2 hitbox. Any other character would've been smoked

Uotan

Unban Joker
Oh I forgot one more bit of props:

Thank you CEO Jebailey for running a fair tournament, giving equal time to all major games, and really showcasing IGAU and MK to the extent that they deserved.

This was huge -- and it was like a breath of fresh air. Thanks.
AK Pig Of The Hut and FunkyP deserve so much props for helping to secure us a dedicated pools stream a few weeks in advance so there wouldn't be another UFGT blowup. Imagine if that Chris G vs Noobe match was offstream? I don't think these guys got enough credit.

I feel the reason that chris g won( not taking away from his skill hes a great player) is that everyone was gearing up for scorpion and banging out that mu thats why harley slipped by aswell i feel come evo people will be ready for ga and harley thats my 2cents and for anyone wondering i main green arrow
REO knows the GA MU, cdjr as well (chris still won with GA vs them tho), I think it doesn't matter about the character when top players face off, it comes down to who plays better.