What's new

Question After the nerf will boot stomp be punishable below the waist?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yes, as it should be. It will be punishable even if done instantly which is below the knee.

Yes, as it should be. It will be punishable even if done instantly which is below the knee.

Better question is will batman or grundy be able to punish. I don't know if an additional -4 will allow grundy to punish. at best might be a neutral situation possibly a forced block which in truth is in grundy's favor.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Better question is will batman or grundy be able to punish. I don't know if an additional -4 will allow grundy to punish. at best might be a neutral situation possibly a forced block which in truth is in grundy's favor.
Wanting grundy to punish divekick is overkill when he does over half life combos.

Wanting grundy to punish divekick is overkill when he does over half life combos.
No i'm wanting him not to have an 8-2 matchup. Dive kick is more or less free against grundy. You have to read it and walking corpse it or d2 which isn't consistent or neutral jump 2 which also is surprisingly not consistent. Punishable dive kick or at least one that forces a blocked string will put the match to a 7-3 much more manageable than an 8-2. Black adam does similiar damage to grundy and has better match ups with the cast.

No i'm wanting him not to have an 8-2 matchup. Dive kick is more or less free against grundy. You have to read it and walking corpse it or d2 which isn't consistent or neutral jump 2 which also is surprisingly not consistent. Punishable dive kick or at least one that forces a blocked string will put the match to a 7-3 much more manageable than an 8-2. Black adam does similiar damage to grundy and has better match ups with the cast.
You can mb b3 on a read

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You can mb b3 on a read

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
If I read it why would I mb b3 when I could simply walking corpse and get a higher damage punish? If I just throw out b3 and hold it when he jumps he can not bait it and lighting or bm punish the back/forward dash. Thats the point its such a read heavy fight that its 8-2. Superman can punish it for close to 50% as can several others so the comment about grundy not getting a punish isn't really applicable. Its low risk for adam high risk for grundy. too easy for adam to jump around and bait out "reads" and then punish.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
If I read it why would I mb b3 when I could simply walking corpse and get a higher damage punish? If I just throw out b3 and hold it when he jumps he can not bait it and lighting or bm punish the back/forward dash. Thats the point its such a read heavy fight that its 8-2. Superman can punish it for close to 50% as can several others so the comment about grundy not getting a punish isn't really applicable. Its low risk for adam high risk for grundy. too easy for adam to jump around and bait out "reads" and then punish.
Air to air the dive kick, it has NO priority so now you don't have to waste meter.

People will realize that footdive or whatever you want to call it wasn't really the problem, it's his advantage on block on like EVERYTHING he does.

Air to air the dive kick, it has NO priority so now you don't have to waste meter.

People will realize that footdive or whatever you want to call it wasn't really the problem, it's his advantage on block on like EVERYTHING he does.

Actually it does beat out grundy's air normals or trades with them quite often if you try to do it on reaction. I tested it out. Its not just that he has advantage in the match against grundy its that he can escape the situation and reset it for free. Grundy has no real option if he just chooses to back dash and he's really the only character that effectively and consistently zones grundy because of the dive kick.

I'm not your typical TYM person here I'm actually a tournament player and have a history of being very good. This really is an 8-2 match even the hawkgirl match is 7-3 because you can potentially win without making absurd repeated reads. I actually went into the lab and tested things out. The most consistent option I found was a d2 but black adam can delay the dive kick and punish relatively easily. The second most consistent was random neutral jumps but that can lead to black magic into punish relatively easily. A smart adam will win this match very very consistently and very very easily because it requires too many perfect reads.

Ultimately I will find an alternate that I will use against adam but I really haven't seen a character that seems to consistently beat him. Maybe scorpion but I'm not even sure on that. Adam has some excellent tools against scorpion.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
It should be like Scorpion's
-42 just spinning in the air forever.

Make it happen NRS!

It should be like Scorpion's
-42 just spinning in the air forever.

Make it happen NRS!
I think mb should be highly + on block and normal should be -8 to -16 on block depending on where its blocked. Thats enough he can be punished by a few characters if he's reckless but he can' backdash to evade follw ups if blocked making it so momentum isn't kept on his side.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I honestly think the best thing would have been to normalize it to do the same thing every time. Waist, knees, chest.

Right now, Shapzam can't punish knee hits with anything.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I want that whole quote in my signature. So everyone will know my history of good and stuff. After a week, the divekick hasn't really changed my game much at all. It made me realize how much I underused his dash and b23. I feel like not getting in for free is making me actually play the game.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I want that whole quote in my signature. So everyone will know my history of good and stuff. After a week, the divekick hasn't really changed my game much at all. It made me realize how much I underused his dash and b23. I feel like not getting in for free is making me actually play the game.
excuse me but who was letting you get in for free with divekick?

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Does it matter now that it's gone? Well timed divekicks used to get in quite nicely as long as they didn't get predictable. Point being, I don't feel like the nerf really hurt BA or the way I play him.