What's new

General/Other - High Tech After 2 weeks w/ High Tech

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Ive recently picked up high tech to try and see what this variations has. It has ups and its downs. Mostly downs

Pros
- Very good corner game
- high damage
- very good frame traps

Cons
- very poor mid range game
- very poor full screen presence
- very poort wake ups
- very difficult neutral

● Corner Game

Im mainly gonna focus on this since its one of her only positives

° The "block infinite"
- jacqui has a pseudo block infinite in the corner against many characters while they are meterless.
- 4 quantum blast.
- QB is +2 and 4is an 8f mid. So if you dont have a 6f move you're out of luck. And if you have a 6f move you'll either trade or guess if shes gonna d1 which is 7f.
- d1 QB is uninteruptable unless you have a 6f reversal.

- If you do have meter you always Armor after QB but there is a gap between 4 and QB

This is a very good tool but jacqui has to get you there first and its very specific.

° The damage
- its true jacqui has great damage even with out the damage buffs but with the damage buff she'll around 50% and with out it she'll get 40.

● Mid range - Full screen
- High techs mid range is basically non existent. She'll have to rely on hard reads in the neutral or feed off the opponents mistakes.
- in the neutral you can run up 1212, throw randoms bf2, Buff up, or just play footsies.
- honestly wouldnt try to compete with anything full screen unless your reflect game is on point even then its easily baited.

● Bad MUs
- i feel anyone with a good zoning game and even someone with a decent footsie game can give high tech trouble. Cassie, dvorah, kotal.

● Conclusion
- There are some strengths and many hidden potentials but she is fundamentally flawed as a FG character. When shes in she played MKX perfectly well but whens she not in its not hard to keep out.

Low Mid to Low tier.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I've always felt that she had awesome tools, she just doesn't have the limbs/frames to be able to use them.
The frames are great imo, +2 on every string with an 8 frame mid to enforce it, but yeah she definitely struggles with footsies with those t-rex arms so her back walk is her best friend.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The "block infinite"
- jacqui has a pseudo block infinite in the corner against many characters while they are meterless.
- 4 quantum blast.
- QB is +2 and 4is an 8f mid. So if you dont have a 6f move you're out of luck. And if you have a 6f move you'll either trade or guess if shes gonna d1 which is 7f.
- d1 QB is uninteruptable unless you have a 6f reversal..
They can backdash the 4 after QB and the next QB won't come out. They can also armor between 4 and QB, or between QB and 4, so there are a bunch of gaps. They can't jump out though, but if you hit them with a QB in the air, they fall to the ground which sort of resets the situation with wakeup/delayed wakeup. After the second rep of 4~QB in the corner, I don't think d1 will reach anymore either.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Yeah i put the gap info in the next line......

But yeah if you slightly delay the QB is catches the backdash and if they get hit by 4 and you still delay the QB it estands them. So its a guessing game. Unfortunately jacqui will always be blocking sothey will always have meer

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
SHADES of cyborg from injustice. He had very good frame data but had reptar arms just like bae briggs. But Jackie is over all a better character between the two hands down.

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
Great frames, great damage, great tools her tools are good but her normals are SO bad it holds her back like A LOT. Kinda wish it wasn't like that.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
What @Rip Torn said even though it's a great mixup situation. As far as pseudo block infs go though, she does have one that guarantees 34% chip in lvl 1 gauntlets and like 18% or so if they decide to take the hit. It doesn't work on every character though.

I ended up getting too frustrated playing her, but part of it is just that I don't feel like it's a type of style that I can play well. I actually think high tech is very good. Her strengths are very strong and compensate well for her lack of mid to fullscreen presence. Her game feels more based off getting to touch you, whether it's on block or hit, and bringing you to the corner where HT probably has a top 5 corner game.

The problem is that it's going to take the right player to use her at the highest level. Unfortunately that player is not me, as much as I was hoping I could do it. It's going to be difficult to find someone who can deal with the execution barrier, not just because of how difficult some things are, but because I've realized it makes online training with her virtually impossible. She requires very strong senses of spacing and movement, and some of her best tools involve very very tight links both in pressure and conversions. But I think we'll see it down the road.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
What @Rip Torn said even though it's a great mixup situation. As far as pseudo block infs go though, she does have one that guarantees 34% chip in lvl 1 gauntlets and like 18% or so if they decide to take the hit. It doesn't work on every character though.

I ended up getting too frustrated playing her, but part of it is just that I don't feel like it's a type of style that I can play well. I actually think high tech is very good. Her strengths are very strong and compensate well for her lack of mid to fullscreen presence. Her game feels more based off getting to touch you, whether it's on block or hit, and bringing you to the corner where HT probably has a top 5 corner game.

The problem is that it's going to take the right player to use her at the highest level. Unfortunately that player is not me, as much as I was hoping I could do it. It's going to be difficult to find someone who can deal with the execution barrier, not just because of how difficult some things are, but because I've realized it makes online training with her virtually impossible. She requires very strong senses of spacing and movement, and some of her best tools involve very very tight links both in pressure and conversions. But I think we'll see it down the road.
It is a good situation in the corner for her, especially if you can get them in the corner with buffed gauntlets. You can start mixing them up with 1212 strings and when they fear the 4, you can go into 50/50's for big damage.

I also had to drop her though as it's too frustrating losing in the counter-poking battle and mid range footsies. If they buff HT in the future, I'll play her again for sure. For now, I just play her for fun in casuals.

P.S. I'm still not sure about that gauranteed 34% chip string. I think at least some characters get to poke out of it... Honestly, I don't even have the execution to really test it correctly. Maybe Laos will check it out?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
P.S. I'm still not sure about that gauranteed 34% chip string. I think at least some characters get to poke out of it... Honestly, I don't even have the execution to really test it correctly. Maybe Laos will check it out?
I tested against crouch blocking with armored reversals. If it's timed right they cannot do anything and it jails them blocking. It's just very tight and doesn't work in everyone, so at this point if I played someone with money on the line I'd probably only go for it against like FT lol

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I tested against crouch blocking with armored reversals. If it's timed right they cannot do anything and it jails them blocking. It's just very tight and doesn't work in everyone, so at this point if I played someone with money on the line I'd probably only go for it against like FT lol
Youre talking about the lvl 1 QB right? How its like +11

I tried its super hard. This is really good if you can get it. Its Like pre patch hellfire but im ure its a just frame...

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'd rather play Pyromancer than High tech. At least I got 11f long range mid F4 and I can throw out my armor without even thinking

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Youre talking about the lvl 1 QB right? How its like +11

I tried its super hard. This is really good if you can get it. Its Like pre patch hellfire but im ure its a just frame...
Yeah, it's lvl1 gauntlet charge (db2 one time) but regular QB. It's plus enough for a gauranteed 1 after so you can do 1212~QB Run 1212~QB.

Or you can do b2~QBlvl1 (hold qb to lvl 1 w/o gauntlets charged for the same effect) but you can't loop that...

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
See we have amazing tools
But no way to set them up.
At least full auto can throw out DF2 and db2 in the mid range game
And shot gun can throw out low shots
What can high tech do? Her longest range normal is f2 and its 17f shes not winnng any footsies battle.