What's new

Affordable replacement for a dualshock 3?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I was walking around today without my contacts in, stepped on the thing, and broke it. I wish these things were sturdy like the original DS controllers, hell even the DS2 held up better, but none the less I need to find a replacement. Ideally, a replacement for under $50-60 (no thank you!). I'm aware of the Hori commander which is around $30-35 which I do intend on getting for FGs, but I occasionally like to play other games which make use of the analog sticks, as well - that's where I'm running into a problem.

Hori I certainly trust, they make great products and I know I'm set in terms of a legitimately good fight pad but what can I do for everything else? Last I heard, the DS2s with the converter won't work anymore since Sony has updated the firmware. And I'm hesitant to purchase one of the 3rd party brands (other than Hori of course.) Wireless or wired, I don't care, I just want something affordable that has decent analog sticks.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I've heard the (non-wireless) "afterglow" controllers are functionally identical and cost around 30$ new (I think). Also, they fucking glow.

Matix218

Get over here!
I use the new Hori (wired) pad. Its a good pad for $35

Oops... didnt read the whole OP. You want analog sticks, disregard my Hori pad plug lol