What's new

Advice on how to fight against Johnny/Noob,/Sektor/Kabal

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Hi all.
I wanted to get some general tips on how to fight against the listed characters using Cyrax.
1. What would be some of the best tactics to get away from Johnny's pressure game?
2. How to avoid Noob's slide? Or rather how to fight against him period. it's really hard to get away from the slide, especially when it keeps getting spammed.
3. What would be the best punisher to Sector's teleport punch when blocked?
4. How to counter attack Kabal's instant gas blasts and how to get out of his dash cancel pressure?
Feedback is apreciated. thanks. :D

NKZero

Noob
If you are talking about punishing a normal teleport punch for Sektor, then that is a full combo punish. Time it right and do a 21-net into big damage. Just don't hit him too early when he's rolling in the air. EX TU cannot be punished but you can at least get a block string in since Sektor is at -7.

NKZero

Noob
I've been d1~Smoke Bomb'ed off a blocked EXTU once, online no less.
D1-smoke bomb might be different because it could be as Sektor is coming down and smoke bomb combos off low airborne opponents...but as you said it also could be online...I've never seen EX TU punished. Cyrax on the other hand cannot do anything anyways. He's better off with a block string and maybe using a command grab mix-up to open up the offense.

D1-smoke bomb might be different because it could be as Sektor is coming down and smoke bomb combos off low airborne opponents...but as you said it also could be online...I've never seen EX TU punished. Cyrax on the other hand cannot do anything anyways. He's better off with a block string and maybe using a command grab mix-up to open up the offense.
Smoke's d1 is 6 frames so it would be a just frame punish. The only problem is that all the mechanical problems this game has make just frames unreliable.

On topic: The first step to fighting Sektor as Cyrax is never opening your chest unless it's in a combo. The second step is spelling his name right.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Against Cage close bomb is your best friend in the universe. Get the life lead in this match and turtle him out all day. If the Cage player gets antsy and tries to jump over your bomb, anti air throw will shut him down. If the player is more patient, you can carefully place mid/far bombs & nets to keep him under pressure. One of Cage's best options for getting in is to Shadow kick on reaction to a bomb...you can never play on auto-pilot against him lol.

Try not to waste meter in this match because you really need it for a 1 bar reset opportunity, or for breaker when Cage finally gets in.

This is just my experience fighting Mr. f3 so take that for what it's worth :)

NariTuba

disMember
Against Cage close bomb is your best friend in the universe.
You need to be careful with this. Cage can use f32 on block to get past the close bomb unless you stand at the perfect spot, which is just slightly in front of the bomb. Otherwise the explosion misses him alltogether and you're in his pressure. Also you have to worry about his d4 which he can use after a dash while you are trying to manuever yourself into your safe spot.