What's new

Question - Nimble Advice needed, new to the game

Hey folks,

picked up the game last weekend xl version and after playing around with most of the characters, i choose Reptile as my main.Love his intros and move set, funny character.I played the last MK game aswell so i remember most of the moves etc.But i have a few problems playing the nimble variation.I'am trying to figure out the best timing to activate the slow mo.It is really hard to do it in a quik fight.Any advice how to put it into a combo maybe.It's not working for me.Maybe i have to input it faster.
The other problem i have is with combos that involve a dash followed by a forward string.Nine out of ten times i mess up and the combo drops.Maybe hold forward after the dash?...So far it is very inconsistent.Have to admit it's been some time since played a brawler.

Thanks for the help.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Practice Practice Practice.

If you want to use Nimble then you really have to grind / practice match-ups on which ones you can get Nimble out in neutral a lot. In my opinion it is the hardest variation to use for Reptile and I believe majority would agree.

But the Reptile community is awesome, so that will not be a problem.

Practice Practice Practice.

If you want to use Nimble then you really have to grind / practice match-ups on which ones you can get Nimble out in neutral a lot. In my opinion it is the hardest variation to use for Reptile and I believe majority would agree.

But the Reptile community is awesome, so that will not be a problem.
Very true, it is a tricky variation.It can be a pain in the butt in some matchups.Reptile is just great and some of his intros are hilarious. Like the Alien intro."Do you mock me Alien?"
The other characters think he is just a dumb lizard but he is not!
Also i learned his name from Raiden yesterday.I always wondered if he had real name.

Very true, it is a tricky variation.It can be a pain in the butt in some matchups.Reptile is just great and some of his intros are hilarious. Like the Alien intro."Do you mock me Alien?"
The other characters think he is just a dumb lizard but he is not!
Also i learned his name from Raiden yesterday.I always wondered if he had real name.
Well give me an add and maybe I can show you some stuff with the character. I'm not the best reptile out there, but I really know the nimble combos. Gamertag on both XB1 and PS4 are oXFiercePlayXo. Just send me a message who you are and I'll try to show you some stuff with the character. Mostly play this game on PS4.

Well give me an add and maybe I can show you some stuff with the character. I'm not the best reptile out there, but I really know the nimble combos. Gamertag on both XB1 and PS4 are oXFiercePlayXo. Just send me a message who you are and I'll try to show you some stuff with the character. Mostly play this game on PS4.
I can vouch for @xXFiercePlayXx he's got a great reptile.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Hey folks,

picked up the game last weekend xl version and after playing around with most of the characters, i choose Reptile as my main.Love his intros and move set, funny character.I played the last MK game aswell so i remember most of the moves etc.But i have a few problems playing the nimble variation.I'am trying to figure out the best timing to activate the slow mo.It is really hard to do it in a quik fight.Any advice how to put it into a combo maybe.It's not working for me.Maybe i have to input it faster.
The other problem i have is with combos that involve a dash followed by a forward string.Nine out of ten times i mess up and the combo drops.Maybe hold forward after the dash?...So far it is very inconsistent.Have to admit it's been some time since played a brawler.

Thanks for the help.
Just make sure you have the release check controller option turned off to make it easier on your inputs.

Will do, next time i play online and thanks.I play the game on xbox.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the help.
Add me on xbox and i will show u the way off nimble since me and a friend of mine are the best nimble out there my GT:ItsWonderseks