What's new

advice for reptile pressure?

Icy X

Noob
I've mained.reptile since the start. I actually don't care to zone with him a whole lot but mainly try to keep pressure up with elbow dash, slow force ball, ex acid spit, and mixups with 122, 124, 321, d3, and d4 cancels.

I've noticed 1 is 11 frames in the frame data, and its reach isnt great.... Simply put it seems like most (if not all) chars have at least one move that can beat reptiles 1 by just being faster.

So I'm trying to improve my reptile game and am wondering what pressure advice yall have? And how best to utilize 1? Maybe whiff 1 of 122 or 124 intentionally will work better??

Any ideas welcomed :)

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Stagger your strings every now and then (not too often as the slow startups can get blown up)

1, 122 cancel

1, 1, 321 cancel

12, 321 cancel

321, 321 cancel

32, 122 cancel

etc etc

If it's neutral on block, I'll mix it up.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Also, staggering now and then and conditioning my opponent to anticipate a stagger, I can then hit them with ex dash for 23%.

1, EX dash - slide
12, EX dash - slide
321, EX dash - slide

etc etc

321 is great from outside sweep because it covers good distance and often times people try to punish when they see 3 wiff then the get hit with 2.

Ex dash at the end of strings and follow with d3 or 32 or throw etc.

I recently started doing t3 1+2 more as a footsie type tool after seeing the success showtime has with it. It's great cause 1+2 only comes out if t3 connects.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
321 is great from outside sweep because it covers good distance and often times people try to punish when they see 3 wiff then the get hit with 2.

Ex dash at the end of strings and follow with d3 or 32 or throw etc.

I recently started doing t3 1+2 more as a footsie type tool after seeing the success showtime has with it. It's great cause 1+2 only comes out if t3 connects.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Me and Rapzilla were talking about f3. This normal is so good.

Icy X

Noob
Thanks for the advice thus far.... Huh ex dashing more would help me... I usually only.ex dash to do corner combos but it is +5 on block which I seem to overlook....

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Ex dash is great, just try not to use it too much, but the same can be said about any other move i guess. whenever you get a chance, use invisibility cuz its great for baiting out mistakes. i think im gonna start using it even while im invisible, making me visible again, just cause it builds meter, makes me look a lot better than i really am, and maybe its even more of a mindfuck for the opponent.
we shall see how this dumb philosophy works out for me lol

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
D4 invis, D4 acid hand/forceball is very hard to punish for anyone without a fast advancing special.