What's new

Advantage on hit

Right now I don't know many attacks that give advantage other than those that give a safe jump. I'd like to, I assume others would also. Add the ones you know of to this thread.

Specifically I was wondering about D3. I heard a stream commentator say it gave a bit of advantage. Is this true? True for every character? How much advantage is it?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Right now I don't know many attacks that give advantage other than those that give a safe jump. I'd like to, I assume others would also. Add the ones you know of to this thread.

Specifically I was wondering about D3. I heard a stream commentator say it gave a bit of advantage. Is this true? True for every character? How much advantage is it?
Well, as a general rule, every character's down 4 gives a good bit of advantage on it. It does vary though. CSZ's down 4 for instance, is pretty much useless... I think the number is +1 on hit. Raiden's down 4 on the other hand, is at the very least +15 on hit. You can down 4~teleport into a throw and they can't get away from you.

As for the down 3 on hit, I don't know the exact value. But it seems as though while most down 4s put you at a high enough frame advantage your opponent must block at least one of the strings the character has in their arsenal (unless you're CSZ), most down 3s seem to give enough advantage that if your opponent stays grounded, they're going to need to keep blocking, but they can jump of your next string.

Well, as a general rule, every character's down 4 gives a good bit of advantage on it. It does vary though. CSZ's down 4 for instance, is pretty much useless... I think the number is +1 on hit. Raiden's down 4 on the other hand, is at the very least +15 on hit. You can down 4~teleport into a throw and they can't get away from you.

As for the down 3 on hit, I don't know the exact value. But it seems as though while most down 4s put you at a high enough frame advantage your opponent must block at least one of the strings the character has in their arsenal (unless you're CSZ), most down 3s seem to give enough advantage that if your opponent stays grounded, they're going to need to keep blocking, but they can jump of your next string.
Ah ok. Thanks Vilen.

I think what I heard was after a hit on D3 your opponent must block your D1 (assuming you have a 6 frame D1). If they try to jump out it might trap into a juggle against Jax/Kung lao, or into smoke's bomb. I will test it when I have two people to make sure.

I figured if this was true I could mess with 7 and 8 frame string starters on block as well since they may be escapable but barely.