What's new

ADG MK9 Top Tier Tactics

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Introducing After Dark Gaming's web episodes dealing with high level MK9 strategy.

PLEASE try to watch in HD!

Episode 1:

JagoMIH

Noob
good video, glad you are trying to help newcomers to mk. you can also do safe strings with lots of hits after stagger state, so even if they block it, you do chip damage and gain meter

EGP Wonder_Chef

No, not every character has a move that causes this.

Thanks for all of the support guys!

More episodes will be released over time.

Zebster

How's my volume?
So what would you call the reaction characters have to certain moves like Smoke's 1,1 string that makes them do a reeling animation that lasts a while, but they can "cancel" out of the animation with anything (moving, blocking, etc)?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I tested this and the CPU can just jump while you're in the air for the follow up jump.

I was looking into this, can you jump of a stagger state? because if not that would explain why Kano's :x get a 1% scaling out of a few stagger strings which gonna make all of us really happy.

EGP Wonder_Chef

I tested this and the CPU can just jump while you're in the air for the follow up jump.
You're probably talking about this:

So what would you call the reaction characters have to certain moves like Smoke's 1,1 string that makes them do a reeling animation that lasts a while, but they can "cancel" out of the animation with anything (moving, blocking, etc)?
Some moves look like they stagger, but this happens. There isn't really a name for it, it's just a bit of pushback.

Zebster

How's my volume?
What, against Sonya's f+4? I was just doing that, and holding up on the other controller after hitting and the jump punch lands before they can jump.

Luxus Nights

Beyond Good & Evil
Good stuff Chef hope more to come, after you guys get pass the game mechanics I hope to see character specific videos next.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Finally! Episode 2 is done! This one is quite long, I hope you enjoy it!

Watch in HD if you can.

As for next episode, would you guys like to see more about game mechanics or a character guide? If you would want to see a character guide, who would you choose?

Let me know!

i would like to see one about game mechanics most. Primarily about knockdown states and the options for dealing with them.. I used to main akuma in SSF4 and really enjoy the okizeme/wake-up game but have been having trouble finding a character of similar style in this game.