What's new

Actually found a good counter for Sonya in AI Battle

Wild91

Noob
I'm sure everyone has noticed the amount of Sonya spam in AI Battle. It's extremely frustrating, especially since my Sonya always got bodied but enemy Sonya's actually wrecked my team.

I changed up my attack team and I have been destroying Sonya's pretty consistently. What have I been using?

Shao Kahn AI. He's got some good augments but I did also try one without augments and got a similar result. I've got Annihilation, Skewered and Dark Priest on, and I've yet to see a Sonya take him down easily. I think he's only lost to one, thanks to a fatal blow. I actually had him flawless against a Sonya at one point. He takes a good chunk of damage from her normal combos, but then seems to just turn it around and deal massive damage.

I find it pretty interesting how consistently it's been working for me. He's also been very effective against Sub-Zero AI's (although pretty much every character I've matched up against SZ has bodied him). I'd like to see if anyone else had similar results. Anyone wondering about augments, let me know and I'll check what I've got on.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Let me know when you find something against that Noob AI....

Drives me nuts to see every Team using him (I took him out of mine so my AI defense Team gets played and nets in some Augments)

Wild91

Noob
For sure man. Every team is Sonya and Noob. Every team. I'm just glad I can take out 1 of them consistently now. The only characters I've really had take Noob out are a Noob mirror (although mine seems to get blocked religiously), and Baraka. Baraka seems to pressure him pretty good. I've had my Noob get destroyed by a full zoning Jade, so maybe that's the best answer?

Dude, I swear. These ai battles are so frustrating. They've probably taken 2 years off of my life at this point.

E

Eldriken

I have my defense team set as Baraka, Skarlet and Scorpion to make sure I get defense rewards somewhat often.

I use Noob, Baraka and Sonya for attacking, however. =P

Noob and Sonya are everywhere.