What's new

ACTUAL Sektor Gameplay Videos?

I am kind of upset about how many videos exist that portray Sektor's ACTUAL game-play. Is he such a bad character that he isn't even used competitively? The only postings I can find are ridiculous kombo videos, and I want to see some good players' techniques on how to get inside and start the kombos because that is really what is important.

Are there any good Sektor players that stream or post whole fights?

Sektor is actually a pretty solid character. He's mid-tier. Its just that some people don't know how to use Sektor at his fullest potiential.

I should link you to a stream where I played against someone, but its also during the time when Tom Brady was trying to get a message across to the MKU community. I don't know if you'll find it distracting when you're trying to gather information. Let me know and I'll post the stream and let you know where you should start the stream.

EDIT: Here's the stream if you do want to see it SEKTOR; My matches start @ 1:22. And don't pay attention to the first match. My wakeup move wouldn't come out. Doing wakeup attacks online can be terrible...

Haha I won't judge too harshly for any online play! But yeah very cool. Watching it now!

There was actually a pretty good video posted by someone in the "Sektor Gameplay" thread, but it was still in the training room. Learned a lot though. I have been trying to figure out which move I should punish with and I learned that the b2 can be canceled to teleport-uppercut.

EDIT- Thanks for showing me that, I was watching that stream in the second part where Tom Brady got mad at that chick. Guess I missed your Sektor :p. I liked what you were doing with the missile game, you would try to predict when he would teleport by throwing out your own ex-teleport. You got him so many times with that

Haha I won't judge too harshly for any online play! But yeah very cool. Watching it now!

There was actually a pretty good video posted by someone in the "Sektor Gameplay" thread, but it was still in the training room. Learned a lot though. I have been trying to figure out which move I should punish with and I learned that the b2 can be canceled to teleport-uppercut.

EDIT- Thanks for showing me that, I was watching that stream in the second part where Tom Brady got mad at that chick. Guess I missed your Sektor :p. I liked what you were doing with the missile game, you would try to predict when he would teleport by throwing out your own ex-teleport. You got him so many times with that
Lies! You've seen the whole thing, :p. I believe that matchup is an even 5-5. It seems that Ermac can't react to Sektor's straight missile, but I could be wrong. I did show a very good example of how Sektor can have momentum on the second match. If I get caught on a stream or video, I'll be sure to put it here.

Yeah I noticed that that first match was a little bad (probably you getting accustomed to the lag), but once you started getting inside with your mix-ups S1lent1 didnt even have a chance! I think the first round you practically flawlessed his ass :p. And at one point he seemed amazed that you got him with the command leg-lift overhead. Very refreshing to see a real Sektor player out there!

A little bad? OMG, that was terrible, lol. Haha, and thanks. I usuallly can pull off the leg lift more often in matches, but he loves to use that recovery roll. That's like the only time I can find time when to use the leg lift command. You can also dash forward and out of leg lift if someone is good at punishing it and doing a move of your own afterwards.

Good tip! I only wish I could practice against other players without going online.. The only reason I don't play a lot is because of the terrible lag.

Were you saying that you couldn't pull off the leg lift more because of his wake-ups? I read that its better to end the ex teleport with a :bp,flamethrower to keep them from getting knocked down if they excessively use wake-ups.

Its a guessing game from there depending on the character you're fighting against. After Flame Burner you and your opponent have no advantage or disadvatage frames on hit(frames adv/disadv for flame burner on hit is +/-0). Depending on the startup of your next move, their next move, or if you're close enough so you DON'T require a dash, you could be stuffed or stuffing their attack. I would like to say that it can be a mixup from that point, but there's too many variables once you get to that point. Its actually more so of a risk(for both players).

Another thing is about the lack of range for his leg lift overhead. You have to be quite close.

Tell me about it, its practically a point blank shot with the leg-lift. Sektor needs a buff to that one move imo, or give us another overhead.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Maybe the last hit of 2,1,4 should be an overhead.... but it's already a good string that's pretty safe on block.

I guess the most logical thing to do is increase the hitbox of the last hit of 1,2,2

Haha awesome, but I hate that online lag. That dude needs to read the article that tells you how to lose properly. He will always be that bad.

What do you mean the low starter? You mean the :l:fk , teleport you did at the start?

Or do you mean the :l:fk, :bk, teleport combo?

Kwon

---->----
I am kind of upset about how many videos exist that portray Sektor's ACTUAL game-play. Is he such a bad character that he isn't even used competitively? The only postings I can find are ridiculous kombo videos, and I want to see some good players' techniques on how to get inside and start the kombos because that is really what is important.

Are there any good Sektor players that stream or post whole fights?
I like Wonderchefs Sektor

These are two twins who are in the grand finals and play with Sektor and Cyrax (ketchup and mustard respectively) Great stuff from both

*thanks to the cyrax forum for finding this

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
These are two twins who are in the grand finals and play with Sektor and Cyrax (ketchup and mustard respectively) Great stuff from both
I really want to see some tag tournaments in the future, Mustard and Ketchup, being played by twin brothers would be pretty damn cool. That's the one thing that really sets MK apart and it isn't utilized in the least. Pretty upsetting.

yeah that would be awesome..if they fix the damage scaling on tag team combos i think it would be tournament worthy..thats one part of the game where i could never get the hang of but it looks really fun if you could

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

this was my semi final match against a kung lao player, i hope this may at least help out some questions on the match up which is definately not in sektors favour haha, although this kung lao is not prone to using the low hat mid combo mainly because i uppercut him out of it most of the time.

p.s the commentators are RUBBISH so i thought id give you some warning lol.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
If you can find the offcast stream on JTV they had Sektroll doing the dirty for a couple matches. I remember him playing Krayzie Bone and I believe Online Tony or some other good players. justin.tv/offcast