What's new

General/Other - Reptile Actual recovery frames on forceballs and kale pounce

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
So as many of you may already know -- most of the frame data for Reptile is just flat out wrong. The recovery on forceballs is stated to be -564 and the block advantage on the far and close versions of klaw pounce are listed to be -74 with the medium version being only -17.

Has anyone discovered the actual amount of recovery frames on force balls or the actual block adv on close and far klaw pounce? These seem pretty wrong in the frame data right now but I don't know how to substantiate it. If anyone could figure it out, I would really appreciate it.

Also, how + are forceballs on block after we have recovered from doing the move? The incorrect frame data right now is killing me because I don't know how many frames exactly I have to commit to forceballs when I do them and I don't know how much advantage they offer on block.

Please help :(

edit: sorry for the mispelling for i am on mobile

Last edited:

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Are they safe?
the close and far versions of klaw pounce arent entirely safe, but they dont seem to be -74 like the data says. it feels like they all might be -16 on block like the normal version, but have a lot of blockstun. I know you can punish klaw pounce with stand 1

regulas

Your Emporer
the close and far versions of klaw pounce arent entirely safe, but they dont seem to be -74 like the data says. it feels like they all might be -16 on block like the normal version, but have a lot of blockstun. I know you can punish klaw pounce with stand 1
Well negative recovery is used because the projectile lasts longer then your reovery, so take the active frames of forceball and subtract the - recovery and what is that?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Frame advantage of the balls depends on the distance traveled, meaning you can't put a number on it at any distance besides up close. All you need to know is that both attacks are full combo punishable.

regulas

Your Emporer
Frame advantage of the balls depends on the distance traveled, meaning you can't put a number on it at any distance besides up close. All you need to know is that both attacks are full combo punishable.
Well there is a precise pushblock value and a precise recovery value. The net result will vary depending on travel time of the ball but it is possible to figure out the relative figures which in turn can give you an idea of whats what close far and otherwise.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
so its fair to say that the further the ball travels (after you have recovered) to more frame advantage it will offer on block?

regulas

Your Emporer
so its fair to say that the further the ball travels (after you have recovered) to more frame advantage it will offer on block?
Yes, it is possible for example to fully have recovered before it hits them thus any block stun puts you at a huge advantage.