What's new

Absolver - A 3D fighting-esque game coming in 2017

myri

Time Warrior
Hey guys, so I know everyone was really hype about all the Injustice 2 stuff that came out during E3 (I was too), but I wanted to draw some attention to this other fighting-esque game that was shown at E3 by the name of Absolver. I say fighting-esque game because the game is more of a brawler or dueling type game rather than anything to do with frame data (at least that's my impression). It's a 3D game with a cool art style and will include PvE and PvP elements and co-op. The developers have plans to release on PC, XBONE and PS4. Personally I think it looks great and I'm hoping some of you would get a kick out of it too, so I'm writing this to try and bring the game onto your radar if it's something you may be interested in.

There's some videos and links below with information about the game.

Enjoy!

Reveal Trailer

Gameplay Videos

Website
PC Gamer Article

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
The combat reminds me of Overgrowth without the hilarious physics. Looks pretty fun but nothing special imo.

myri

Time Warrior
The combat reminds me of Overgrowth without the hilarious physics. Looks pretty fun but nothing special imo.
That's the game, I thought of it too but didn't remember what it was called.

This is still early in development so we'll see what happens, hopefully it turns out amazing.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
That's the game, I thought of it too but didn't remember what it was called.

This is still early in development so we'll see what happens, hopefully it turns out amazing.
Yeah hopefully, I always judge early access titles too harshly but this definitely has promise. If they stick to this style of fighting I really hope they add some kinds of physics engine. Going in slow mo and punching rabbits in the face and watching them fall "super realistically" has kept me occupied for hours in Overgrowth.

Damn I really need to get my PC fixed, I'm having bunny-beating withdrawal now.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
It looks really good. I prefer this type of fighters more now then I did when I was younger. I hope it turns out great. Thinking of picking this up for sure it it turns out better then it is now.

myri

Time Warrior
I actually went and looked at that Overgrowth game again because I remember seeing videos of it back when I was in high school (about four years ago now) and the game is still in alpha, what the actual fuck haha. Absolver's development started in May 2015 and it will be out in 2017, I dunno what the guys working on Overgrowth are doing.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This game reminds me of a mix of Ninja Gaiden, Tenchu and Def Jam Vendetta for some reason.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Game is out and just bought it yesterday. Feels a lot like For Honor with a dash of Dark Souls except leaning hard into the fluid movements of martial arts with movesets (called 'decks') that are entirely customizable. Anyone else playing?

Here's a vid on constructing moveset decks.