What's new

Question About these string / Moves

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I have always wondered this because i never see anyone used these.

What is pretty Kick used for ?

What is f312 used for ?

What is F43 used for ?

what is f3 used for ?

What is 4 used for ? (other than in combos )

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Pretty Kick could be used as a combo ender instead of Cutter so they land close to you.

f+3,1,2 is pretty much a useless string. f+3 by itself could be used as a gimmick, it has pushback on block that leaves her at max d+1 distance. You could use it to set up a whiffed low poke punish. Same with f+4,3.

I can't think of any use for 4 besides combo filler.

112 Pretty kick (whiff) crosses up giving you basic set ups like a throw.

I believe F3 can go over low pokes but it's so slow and F2 does a far better job. F31*2 can be poked/armored/x-rayed whatever between the 1 and 2, so that's another reason why it isn't very good.

F43.. the only possible use I can see is it not being able to be poked/armored/x-rayed out of like F41 and F4B4 can, but Somberness ' frame data says it has more execution, so it's unlikely.

F312 is a classy string. Only the classy, royal folk can do this.

F3 itself is a statement in order to prepare one for the amount of class that is to follow.

F43 is a move where Kitana does NOT allow peasants of no class whatsoever to get near her. Rejected in other words.

4 is a move of POWER, CLASS, BEAUTY, AND LUST.

GuamoKun

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
F312 is a classy string. Only the classy, royal folk can do this.

F3 itself is a statement in order to prepare one for the amount of class that is to follow.

F43 is a move where Kitana does NOT allow peasants of no class whatsoever to get near her. Rejected in other words.

4 is a move of POWER, CLASS, BEAUTY, AND LUST.

GuamoKun
This was executed both flawlessly and marvelously.

Your descriptive powers are of such class and elegance.

@16bit pretty much hit the head on what the moves can be used for. 4 can be used to AA but 2 is much more reliable and covers the same distance.

GuamoKun Yea, I should have also added that it can be useful because of how far pretty kick moves kit forward. People expect cutter and some might try to catch you in a crossup. Pretty kick on wakeup might get you out of that. I gotta make sure I only post complete thoughts in the future, sorry about that.

actually there is something funny about 4 try hitting 4 then down and back quick... some how she does the 4 kick and the fake out kick aswell :S weird whit only hitting 4 once you get 2 hits jajaj

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
GuamoKun Yea, I should have also added that it can be useful because of how far pretty kick moves kit forward. People expect cutter and some might try to catch you in a crossup. Pretty kick on wakeup might get you out of that. I gotta make sure I only post complete thoughts in the future, sorry about that.
In a situation where a wakeup pretty kick would hit, ALWAYS use cutter instead for the safe jump.