What's new

About the resets?

GGA Max

I heard the big one with the 2 nets and over 50% with one bar was getting patched somehow?

They mentioned it at Final Round's tournament at the beginning of march.

Not to anger any "hard core" Cyrax players..-_- You know who you are.

bro ... I m not a cyrax player and I can tell u hes got more than one damn cheap resets .. I didn't watch videos I just get the idea of the net reset ...did one myself ( 60%+) with one bar of meter !!!
cyrax need to get this reset removed or better make it scale down to 50% or 48% ... cuz even characters like kitana who has got a combo with like 49% it is at least a little bit hard to do !
and for me I see that cyrax can't keep his resets cuz he is a character who has very very tough tools ... 3 bombs and can be thrown one after the other .. huge hit boxed net !! a teleport and a special throw into free deadly mix up.Guys he is already tough! but cyrax players are just relying on those resets that they use his tools the wrong way ... and I when they lose from pros, they say : " well, jax beats cyrax 7/3 .. kabal is the worst match up and he is stronger than cyrax and also 7/3 ) IT IS NOT JAX OR KABAL ... IT'S THAT U SUCK , CUZ WITH FREE 60%+ EASY COMBOS U R STILL LOSING !!!

I doubt they'd have any success patching it this time around, all they'd do is create some new resets like with the last nerf. And honestly, I don't think they need to mess with it anymore.

EDIT: I guess as I've played more I've come to realize that patching things is not always the answer. Besides, just like Smoke's resets it's not a win button. You can't just throw out nets/smoke bombs all day and win. And if you lose to someone doing that, then that's your fault.

bro ... I m not a cyrax player and I can tell u hes got more than one damn cheap resets .. I didn't watch videos I just get the idea of the net reset ...did one myself ( 60%+) with one bar of meter !!!
cyrax need to get this reset removed or better make it scale down to 50% or 48% ... cuz even characters like kitana who has got a combo with like 49% it is at least a little bit hard to do !
and for me I see that cyrax can't keep his resets cuz he is a character who has very very tough tools ... 3 bombs and can be thrown one after the other .. huge hit boxed net !! a teleport and a special throw into free deadly mix up.Guys he is already tough! but cyrax players are just relying on those resets that they use his tools the wrong way ... and I when they lose from pros, they say : " well, jax beats cyrax 7/3 .. kabal is the worst match up and he is stronger than cyrax and also 7/3 ) IT IS NOT JAX OR KABAL ... IT'S THAT U SUCK , CUZ WITH FREE 60%+ EASY COMBOS U R STILL LOSING !!!
What a ridiculous post. You're not a cyrax player but you're trying to tell me he has no bad match ups.

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
Again with the trolling? Why is this guy even in the Cyrax forums?...Seriously....Yes he has high damage combos and yes they may be cheap but he is NOT invincible. You keep whining about this and that but guess what? All you have to do is NOT get trapped in a net...simple no? If you think he's so invincible and broken then go and cry to REO or CD Jr. because they obviously know how to beat an extremely good Cyrax player in Maxter...and he uses all of Cyrax's dirty tech....which I LOVE =]

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
Now on to the reset nerfs. Cyrax is still a very good character without the resets (eg. Mustard). When I play my friends, I hardly get the chance to do all of the big damage reset combos anyway because they know how to avoid nets. So I actually don't mind if all of the "only breaker escapable" resets were removed because in most matches, i win without them anyway.

Raidern8

Sub Zero!
Now on to the reset nerfs. Cyrax is still a very good character without the resets (eg. Mustard). When I play my friends, I hardly get the chance to do all of the big damage reset combos anyway because they know how to avoid nets. So I actually don't mind if all of the "only breaker escapable" resets were removed because in most matches, i win without them anyway.
^ Speaks the truth, I play his rax haha.

Just cause you can do a 60% or even 75% combo in training mode doesn't mean its easy to hit in a match. Anyone who knows the Cyrax matchup knows how to avoid the bombs and nets. And when playing Cyrax managing meter to stop a reset from happening is huge.

And dude don't be like: "OMG CYRAX!! I ONLY LOOSE CAUSE OF THE RESETS SDFSDKFKDFBFFF!" You can still outplay the guy, actually alot of people do, Probably why i don't see too many cyrax's online or in tourneys. Just more Kabals :REO , and Kitana's :16Bit

Ok Guys ...... this is my last post here. Never wanna talk about it again ( even if u reply my post again ) ! ... I m not having a problem with cyrax mu ... I m not saying he has no bad MUs ... I m not saying all cyrax players suck ... cyrax nets r not the only way to start resets ... resets r very easy to link ... the only reason I don't play cyrax is that I hate to get easy wins with less effort ( my personal opinion and I play who I like. Don't bother urselves ) ... I know how to play against cyrax ... cyrax is a very strong char ... I meant no harm with my last posts ... When I said things like : lazy, bad, low level, u suck I was meaning ppl who play cyrax and complain and say he is not strong enough !!!
I used cyrax only to get through the last challenge in "challenge tower" although I main JAX + SUB and play a lot of chars at high level ( couldn't make it without cyrax resets ) ... NO thanks I m not interested in ur thoughts about my main chars ! I know how good I m with them. So thanks ...

- I m out -

GGA Max

Just cause you can do a 60% or even 75% combo in training mode doesn't mean its easy to hit in a match. Anyone who knows the Cyrax matchup knows how to avoid the bombs and nets. And when playing Cyrax managing meter to stop a reset from happening is huge.

And dude don't be like: "OMG CYRAX!! I ONLY LOOSE CAUSE OF THE RESETS SDFSDKFKDFBFFF!" You can still outplay the guy, actually alot of people do, Probably why i don't see too many cyrax's online or in tourneys. Just more Kabals :REO , and Kitana's :16Bit
I agree, good pressure on him will tear up his slow starting nets and bombs, but one mistake (a late fireball, badly timed jump, etc) can lead you to loosing the majority of your health.
Obviously that can't be said about any other character.

That's ideal, he has good specials, mixups, and everything needed for a solid character already. He isn't like noob who needs to reset since he has no pop-up combo/pop-up specials and so on.