What's new

About Practicing Variations

After seeing Subzero's sad "Dead of winter" tournament variation, decided not to strictly stick with competitive load outs for now and try out customs too.

To get to the point, practicing a character and what he has to offer is difficult right now. The 2 tournament vars, are different than the 2 practice presets. However Jade's EMERALD DEFENDER (tournament) and TRUE HEART (casual) are completely identical but with obviously different names, thus creating more of a nightmare. on top of that, certain moves are completely left out of both types of load outs.

So, to the lab with 5 load outs: 2 standards, 2 built identically like the tournament ones, 1 containing what ever move left. Endlessly tag moves and switch load outs, forgetting everything in the process while sweating to understand which moves work in synergy.

Is there any way to make this easier? Any thoughts?

Note: For ppl having a hard time building tournament load outs, you can find and easily assign them in the ability presets.

SinkFla

Noob
As someone who has had very little time with the game so far.... uh... what? The tourney variations I try out in practice are different than in online matches?

Also, why is the character specific tutorials section closed off with "Coming Soon" on the switch version?

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
As someone who has had very little time with the game so far.... uh... what? The tourney variations I try out in practice are different than in online matches?
Sort of. Some characters' preset variations are the same as their tournament ones, but not all. You gotta go to the fight tab, then choose tournament, and from there you can check the actual tournament variations for all characters. If any moves are missing/different on a given character, you'll have to go and edit the presets yourself so that they match.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
You can also look at tourny variations in loadouts. Edit the loadout, go to abilities and hit square(ps4). The ones with trophies are the tournament variation

SinkFla

Noob
You can also look at tourny variations in loadouts. Edit the loadout, go to abilities and hit square(ps4). The ones with trophies are the tournament variation
What's funny is this works for PS4/XBOX (can't say about PC) but it definitely DOES NOT on Switch. The Switch port feels like an outdated product.