What's new

AA punches with Kano

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
So, what are you guys doing when you win jump punch wars?

Usually, I'm doing something like this:

AA jump punch, dash 1 xx upball for 12%

If they're not close enough for that, I'm doing:

AA jump punch, upball or AA jump punch, uppercut..... both do 11%

Am I missing some super sweet combo or is this the best you can do??

I know from a neutral jump punch you can do f11~ 212(dash)b12(up ball) for around 25-30% damage can't remember. Try connecting that or simply f11~b12(up ball/Kano ball) from an aa jump punch. This is pre patch, so hopefully the timing on these are fairly easy now. If you wanted to get a 212 in, the timing for the f11 was as strict as hell. You can also use f1 as a standing anti air,once you get used to it . I never actually use jumping aa punches, I think using jump kick to air throw, or simply air throw is better tbh.

This one of the main areas I've been working on with him lately. From air-to-air jump punch I generally just upball - it's possible to dash and b+11 xx upball but it's rather height-dependent.

Also f+1 by itself is both a great poke and his best AA. If it hits someone out of the air, you can dash up and 212 then j.kick xx airthrow for 22% and a great wakeup situation.

cyke_out

Noob
It is possible to get a 2,1,2 off of an air to air jump punch, but it's very tricky and requires perfect spacing and i think even the corner.

I've been working on d+1 into 2,1,2 anti-air combo's too, especially vs mileena's teleport kick.

For Mileena's normal teleport, I'm pretty sure you can always f+1 then 212 regardless of how she delays the air sai.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
So about that EX Tele sai Mileena does... Pretty sure you can D+1, 2,1,2, dash, 2,1,2 ball 23%. I need to test this more.

Oh and btw, when you win a jump punch war, you can extend it to, F+1, 2, upball for 15% it's not too height dependent. I feel like there is something more.. I'm so close I can taste it.

It is possible to get a 2,1,2 off of an air to air jump punch, but it's very tricky and requires perfect spacing and i think even the corner.
Yeah, I think you need to be either at the corner or close enough to it. I've been trying it midscreen for like 2 hours and I can't nail it. Either it's impossible midscreen, or my execution is off today.

cyke_out

Noob
Yeah it needs to be close to the corner to prevent the opponent from faling too far away.

also, GG's yesterday. very nice Kano, I don't think I've won a Kano mirror ever, lol.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Yeah it needs to be close to the corner to prevent the opponent from faling too far away.

also, GG's yesterday. very nice Kano, I don't think I've won a Kano mirror ever, lol.
Yeah man ggs ... Im still brushing off the dust. I was glad when you picked mileena. I was hoping to try and get the d1 to combo off a blocked ex tele kick to sais.