What's new

AA Combos?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Anyone have sektor's highest damaging combos starting with NJP, and starting with air to air punch?

ryublaze

Noob
Went through some tests and these are the highest combos he can do off of a NJP:
NJP, dash, F4,3, TU, JK, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (40%) (be careful about this one because Sektor might turn himself back around if F4, 3, TU is done too early)
NJP, dash, F4, JK, TU, JK, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (40%)

^^Other variations such as replacing the JK with B3, 4 do 39%.

Off of an air-to-air punch:
JP, TU, F4, 3, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (27%) (not worth the waste of meter)
JP, TU, F4, B2, Flame Burner (19%) (no meter)

Off of an air JK:
JK, TU, F4, 3, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (38%)

Off of a blocked teleport:
F4, 3, TU, B3, 4, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (38%)
JK, TU, F4, 3, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (38%)

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
what about an AA jab? That is highly important as well.
Off standing 1 dash 12 TU 12 flame with robo for 22%

With human 122 TU 12 flame for 28%.

Btw redraptor if i'm reading it right I wouldn't call those 'real' air to air punch combos. If your doing jp into TU then there's no hit confirming at all and you may as well have done jk to TU. Off an air to air Jp you can do dash 1 TU b21/flame or dash 12 flame which lands more consistently. I replace the dash 1 with f2 to TU sometimes which is eaiser.

Easiset catch is b21/flame which still does decent dmg.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Since an air to air JP into TU isn't really confirmable you can also "easily" do a air to air -> f2,tu,12,flame.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
the air to air i do is atap, dash, 1,TU,B2,1 OR uppercut depending on how high they are, if they're too low it will miss.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The only issue with the atap, dash, 1~TU combo starter seems to be that it is inconsistent. It really depends on where they are in the air when you hit them. Sometimes this can miss if they are at a certain height because it will put them too far away from you to dash and get the 1 in there. In my person opinion, I think the f2~TU starter is more consistent. Sure you have to time it differently depending on their height, but at least it will still work every time.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Missile Up, JP, 1,2, Back+1, User Error, Teleport Uppercut 12, Massive Missile 12hits 55% Damage. Without the Missile Up 50% of Damage

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
oops, didn't notice i forgot the Teleport Uppercut, Sorry Sorry

Missile Up, JP, 1,2, Back+1, User Error, Teleport Uppercut, 12, Massive Missile. 12hits 55% Damage. Without the Missile Up 50% of Damage

User Error = Towards + 4, 3. Its that Knee Kombo that ends up with the same leg.

Sorry, Sometimes i thinks i save a lot of time by spelling the name of a move, instead of posting the entire code, like in this situation, because the Teleport Uppercut will place sektor in the oppose side of the screen.

Its basically an Ultimate X-Ray Kombo, and its not anti-Air, but if you Trap with the missile Up between Above and Close distance, you can Catch Rushing Characters with the Missile up, and punish them with the Ultimate X-Ray, if you aready damage him 50% Then is pretty much dead, and its almost garanteed free from breakers :top:

I Can Shoot up an Example and place in the youtube if you want to see it.

Its basically an Ultimate X-Ray Kombo, and its not anti-Air, but if you Trap with the missile Up between Above and Close distance, you can Catch Rushing Characters with the Missile up, and punish them with the Ultimate X-Ray, if you aready damage him 50% Then is pretty much dead, and its almost garanteed free from breakers :top:
In that situation you can get over 50% with just one bar.

Up Missile catches>JIP>12b1>f43>TU>JK>EXTU>12>Flameburner=53%

And I'll still be able to breaker afterwards. And I want to make them use theirs.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
In that situation you can get over 50% with just one bar.

Up Missile catches>12b1>f43>TU>JK>EXTU>12>Flameburner=53%

And I'll still be able to breaker afterwards. And I want to make them use theirs.
This.

OR you could go with um, jip, b2~TU, b21, b34~exTU, slight dash, 12~flame for something like 56%. Just one bar.

Plus, the only hit in your combo, eddy, that can't be breaker'd is the very last hit which is the xray.

But let's stick to the topic at hand: anti air combos please!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Since an air to air JP into TU isn't really confirmable you can also "easily" do a air to air -> f2,tu,12,flame.
quick question. Why does it matter if an air to air punch isn't hit confirmable? You're either going to hit them or they're going to hit you when you're in the air. If you get hit, it doesn't matter if you buffered a TU in there. If you hit them... then it works.

Is there a reason to NOT buffer in a TU after any air to air punch? Not trying to sound like a smart ass or anything. This just popped up in my head and maybe I'm overlooking the answer if there is one.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yes, i mean, EX moves boost the opponent management bar, and if it fills quickly you will surely be breaked.

Since my Kombo doesn't use any EX move, his super meter will hardly fill, and will still take X-Ray in the end.

But well, you guys already save up EX by using 1 bar and perform over 50%, just need to know if its safe to do them or not, i think i might try it xD

Since my Kombo doesn't use any EX move, his super meter will hardly fill, and will still take X-Ray in the end.
Hitting the opponent, whether normals, specials, EX, or X-rays, gives them meter. I think your combo would actually give them more meter then a non-X-Ray one, since the meter off an X-Ray is rather substantial.

Tested: The Combo I posted gives one bar. Your's gives one and a quarter.

Crathen

Death is my business
quick question. Why does it matter if an air to air punch isn't hit confirmable? You're either going to hit them or they're going to hit you when you're in the air. If you get hit, it doesn't matter if you buffered a TU in there. If you hit them... then it works.

Is there a reason to NOT buffer in a TU after any air to air punch? Not trying to sound like a smart ass or anything. This just popped up in my head and maybe I'm overlooking the answer if there is one.
Because committing to a jumping punch Tu is way too risky and doesn't net better damage and when you can hitconfirm the air to air punch into either dash 1 Tu or f2 Tu you'll understand that the less you risk the more you will success ;)

Anyways your best air to air are :

Jump punch -> f2 Tu -> b21 or b2 flamethrower or 12 flamethrower or uppercut ( you can switch the flamethrower for an upmissile setup )

Jump kick -> Tu -> f43/f44 Tu ( or Ex tu ) or b21/b2 ft

At certain heights you can Jump kick Tu b21 dash 12 flamethrower or upmissile.

To redeem my derailment of this topic, I'll post some AA combos since I'm already in the lab. Also, for the record I can't for the life of me get b21>b34, so these no mater how many hours I spend trying, to the damage probably isn't as high as the could be:

NJP>f43>TU>JK>EXTU>12>Flameburner=38%
NJP>21>TU>11>Flameburner>28%
NJP>11>TU>21>Flameburner>28%

I plan to post more, but I have to find some food first.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hitting the opponent, whether normals, specials, EX, or X-rays, gives them meter. I think your combo would actually give them more meter then a non-X-Ray one, since the meter off an X-Ray is rather substantial.

Tested: The Combo I posted gives one bar. Your's gives one and a quarter.
Yeah true, by the end, your kombo vives less damage, but more chances to defend against the next move by the cost of one super meter.

So its pretty safe, but kinda a bit hard, but nothing that a player who sektor's is favourite coldn't handle it ^^ Cheers.

Okay, since you asked specifically for the most damage, I'll just post the ones that I found with the most damage:

NJP>f43>TU>JK>EXTU>12>Flameburner=38% (Not strictly AA, since it can be don't against a grounded opponent as well)
Air-to-Air Punch>TU>f43>EXTU>12>Flameburner=26%

You can swap out the Flameburner for Up Missile on both for 36% and 23%, respectively.

If your opponent jump forward, you can jump forward punch, and if you got the timing right, you will land before your opponent and then you can continue the combo with b3,4, tu.

I usually do this:

jfp, b3,4, tu, uppercut for around %30 (don't know exact amount right now).

after the tu, you can sometimes connect a bigger combo with jk, extu, but it's really strict to pull off.

If you are standing and you land a 1 to a airborne opponent, you can dash forward 1,2 tu, and pull of a combo

Example: 1, dashf, 1,2, tu, jk, extu, d4, um

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming

If for whatever reason neither of you connect now they just blocked a TU. The risk/reward factor for me isn't worth it.