What's new

AA 1 Options.

GhosT

Noob
What is the best way to finish out a AA after landing a standing 1 or d1? Im playing around in practice and getting shit for damage. What are you guys BNB aa combos ?

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
You can either end with soul steal, upskull pressure or just dash in to bair wakeups with footsies. You don't wanna end with upskull pressure in the same position (mix in front and above) and try to avoid quick teleporters (smoke for example).

These are the best I could ever come up with. Easy, good damage, reliable and give you good positioning. I did not consider b1,2,1,4 (or shortened) or f3,4 launchers because in actual gameplay you don't get people who don't know shang's poor mixup, you get people who uppercut you when you go for f4,3,4, pressure, lol.

These do not include a jip or a upskull before that. For upskull + jip + combo you should add about 10% to the said damage. (except for antiairs, duh)

Antiair:

d1 into 1, 2, dash f4,3, mGS into upskull presure if he doesn't have a teleport or something really quick. - 17%
1, dash 1,2 dash f4,3, mgs works alone too - 18%
njp, 1, dash 1,2, dash f4,3 mgs works if you can land NJPs consistently (I for one RARELY landed one when I played this game) - 21%

deep jumpkick, 1,2, f4,3 m gs - 22%

Midscreen BnBs(highest damage, most reliable - 1 meter)

Quick punisher: f4,3,4, mgs, fgs, ex gs, c gs, m gs - 36%
Most damagin punisher ( + morph ) 2,2,1, c gs, m gs, ex gs, c gs, soul steal - 38% + chip if blocked or 41% if landed at the exact height.

Unbreakable punisher:
f4, c gs, m gs, soul steal - 28%
easier version:
f4, c gs, soul steal - 19% - 23% (23% at lowest possible height for soul steal, 19% is 17% combo + 2% chip)

Close to corner:
most damaging:
2, 2, 1, m gs, dash in, f4,3,4, cgs, f43 - 35%
2, 2, 1, m gs, dsah in, f4,3,4, cgs, f4,3 soul steal - 37% + 2% chip
Does same damage with f4,3,4, but it makes it a bit harder, so end it with f4, soul steal or f4,3 (upskull)

Corner:
Adding a "1,2" before the F4,3,4 gives 2% more damage, but makes it harder to land the soul steal and some wakeup attacks may get you before you can block again after the upskull. This is because you don't recover in time and your opponent falls too quickly (height dependent wall game, most people do not realize this)

Pressure hit-confirmable combo:
f4,3,4, cgs, jump kick, f4,3,4, (upskull pressure) -
f4,3,4, cgs, jump kick, f4,3,4, soul steal - 34% + 2% chip

Corner punisher
2,2,1, cgs, jump kick, f4,3,4, soul steal - 39%
2,2,1 cgs, jump kick, f4,3,4 upskull - 32%

GhosT

Noob
Thanks to both of you.

You can either end with soul steal, upskull pressure or just dash in to bair wakeups with footsies. You don't wanna end with upskull pressure in the same position (mix in front and above) and try to avoid quick teleporters (smoke for example).

These are the best I could ever come up with. Easy, good damage, reliable and give you good positioning. I did not consider b1,2,1,4 (or shortened) or f3,4 launchers because in actual gameplay you don't get people who don't know shang's poor mixup, you get people who uppercut you when you go for f4,3,4, pressure, lol.

These do not include a jip or a upskull before that. For upskull + jip + combo you should add about 10% to the said damage. (except for antiairs, duh)

Antiair:

d1 into 1, 2, dash f4,3, mGS into upskull presure if he doesn't have a teleport or something really quick. - 17%
1, dash 1,2 dash f4,3, mgs works alone too - 18%
njp, 1, dash 1,2, dash f4,3 mgs works if you can land NJPs consistently (I for one RARELY landed one when I played this game) - 21%

deep jumpkick, 1,2, f4,3 m gs - 22%

Midscreen BnBs(highest damage, most reliable - 1 meter)

Quick punisher: f4,3,4, mgs, fgs, ex gs, c gs, m gs - 36%
Most damagin punisher ( + morph ) 2,2,1, c gs, m gs, ex gs, c gs, soul steal - 38% + chip if blocked or 41% if landed at the exact height.

Unbreakable punisher:
f4, c gs, m gs, soul steal - 28%
easier version:
f4, c gs, soul steal - 19% - 23% (23% at lowest possible height for soul steal, 19% is 17% combo + 2% chip)

Close to corner:
most damaging:
2, 2, 1, m gs, dash in, f4,3,4, cgs, f43 - 35%
2, 2, 1, m gs, dsah in, f4,3,4, cgs, f4,3 soul steal - 37% + 2% chip
Does same damage with f4,3,4, but it makes it a bit harder, so end it with f4, soul steal or f4,3 (upskull)

Corner:
Adding a "1,2" before the F4,3,4 gives 2% more damage, but makes it harder to land the soul steal and some wakeup attacks may get you before you can block again after the upskull. This is because you don't recover in time and your opponent falls too quickly (height dependent wall game, most people do not realize this)

Pressure hit-confirmable combo:
f4,3,4, cgs, jump kick, f4,3,4, (upskull pressure) -
f4,3,4, cgs, jump kick, f4,3,4, soul steal - 34% + 2% chip

Corner punisher
2,2,1, cgs, jump kick, f4,3,4, soul steal - 39%
2,2,1 cgs, jump kick, f4,3,4 upskull - 32%
I quoted all of this but the part i wanted to ask about was the Midscreen 1 meter punishers.

What about 221 gs Mgs Exgs F43 soul steal? nvmd i just did the combo again and its 37 %. Ill try doing a few of the combos you put in the post. thanks for the help

GhosT

Noob
Damn the timing on soul steal after the last GS is strict. for one less percent i have got F 43 ss pretty regularly. I have yet to play with the corner stuff yet, or the AA stuff, since practice mode is dumb and the AI on expert is just gonna spam whatever EX move they have. : /

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
my bnb would be
1) 221 mid gr skull far gr skull ex gr skull in front upskull close gr. skull soul steal about 48-50%
2)f 434 far gr skull ex gr skull in front upskull close gr skull mid gr skull upskull < this to keep them away ie . johnny cage
3) f434 ex gr skull double back dash uppercut 12 f43 soul steal < purely for style points ;)

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Thanks to both of you.

I quoted all of this but the part i wanted to ask about was the Midscreen 1 meter punishers.

What about 221 gs Mgs Exgs F43 soul steal? nvmd i just did the combo again and its 37 %. Ill try doing a few of the combos you put in the post. thanks for the help
The idea of wasting 1 meter of bar for your combo is to make it unbreakable. Timing isn't strict at all, just input f,d,b, 3 after the last c gs.

GhosT

Noob
To fr stack

Im new playing with shang, So the first BNB you said does 48 or so. the behind up skull. is that with no movement after ex GS? I mean do i need to dash in and up skull or wait for him to be in position? Im also having trouble hitting GS after the up skull hits. haven't even gotten a chance to soul steal yet lol

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
To fr stack

Im new playing with shang, So the first BNB you said does 48 or so. the behind up skull. is that with no movement after ex GS? I mean do i need to dash in and up skull or wait for him to be in position? Im also having trouble hitting GS after the up skull hits. haven't even gotten a chance to soul steal yet lol
no dashing required and you might be inputting too early if that makes sense if u input too early he either does nothing or does a neutral jump punch