What's new

A thought about MK I've had for a while

Justice

Noob
I've had this idea for a long time now. I was thinking of an aaction/rpg-style Story mode without the exp, levels, grinding, etc. The hook would be that the story would be slightly altered by the player's choice of Fatality or Friendship. Or maybe it would be easier to do in Ladder mode and have 2 endings for each character depending on which you used more. Thoughts?

Subby

Frost Warrior
It could be intresting. Maybe use a Shaolin Monks build and put this type of system in it...

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
as a huge fan of mas effect, i personally wouldn't mind this at all, especially if it carried on into other titles

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I enjoyed Shaolin Monks, the RPG aspect of Deception, and the action aspect of Armageddon. Personally, I'll purchase anything MK related, regardless of genre.

Altaire

Noob
I've had this idea for a long time now. I was thinking of an aaction/rpg-style Story mode without the exp, levels, grinding, etc. The hook would be that the story would be slightly altered by the player's choice of Fatality or Friendship. Or maybe it would be easier to do in Ladder mode and have 2 endings for each character depending on which you used more. Thoughts?
This isn't a bad idea (though I think experience/equipment/leveling could be interesting; the action RPG style could work for MK), but when you said friendship or fatality, this is what played out in my head:

"Oh, it's cool, Sub Zero showed his snowman jack in the box to Scorpion instead of ripping his spine out, they tight now."

...And just for all you unfortunate nineties children who won't get the reference:

Justice

Noob
This isn't a bad idea (though I think experience/equipment/leveling could be interesting; the action RPG style could work for MK), but when you said friendship or fatality, this is what played out in my head:

"Oh, it's cool, Sub Zero showed his snowman jack in the box to Scorpion instead of ripping his spine out, they tight now."

...And just for all you unfortunate nineties children who won't get the reference:
I think equipment and levelling would distract from what MK is all about. I'm thinking basically the story mode that we have in 9 but have it open enough that say you use a Friendship on Sektor in a chapter with Sub Zero. That could save Subby from getting cyberized (or that show of mercy could cause him to be cyberized). Or you could have a system for Ladder mode similar to Rumble Roses where every Fatality or Friendship moves you back and forth between "Good" and "Evil" with a base stat based on your default alliance. Like to get a happy ending with Shang Tsung, you'd need a LOT of Friendhips but maybe a tweener like Smoke or Kabal could start closer to the middle. You h=could even make trophies and unlockables based on this too :D