What's new

A theory regarding Scorpion and Sub-Zero

Probably don’t need to mention that this Scorpion obviously has none of the well known undead attributes you’d expect him to have and that many want him to have. Myself included because I’m not a fan at all of this look. He’s been stripped entirely of his mysticism.

Putting aside whether or not Scorpion is Kuai Liang this time around…the released Scorpion bio alludes to an eventual battle between him and Sub-Zero.

My prediction is that they will end up in a battle to the death with Bi Han killing Scorpion and giving birth to the undead hellspawn.

Just like it happened in the very original timeline.

Just a theory of course.

subzert

Frozen Soul
Yeah it is definitely possible. Sub-Zero in one of his in between rounds win dialogue says something like "You are dead just like my father" or "you'll die just like my father", least to say he doesn't have a good relation with his own father. Where as Scorpion seemed to have admired thier father and isn't fan of the direction Sub-Zero is taking the Lin Kuei in.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I have no problem with human scorpion as long as we have a secondary undead hellspawn costume, can even be non-canon for all I care.

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
In a "shocking" twist of fate he will become Noob Saibot instead. I do not like this proposition, which is why it sounds the most truthful in my head.

I have no problem with human scorpion as long as we have a secondary undead hellspawn costume, can even be non-canon for all I care.
Same, I really hope a proper Scorpion suit is present.

Which is weird cause his both primary suits in both games were not canon.
He had human eyes in mk1,so it makes sense he's human here
I just don’t understand why they were so inclined to take away his mystique. It’s feels like a major regression.

Is your name here you favorite song of theirs?
Love Meshuggah and this is a fantastic instrumental track with a really cool name.

Which is weird cause his both primary suits in both games were not canon.
He had human eyes in mk1,so it makes sense he's human here
Just want to touch on the part about the original MK1..Scorpion having normal pupils had nothing to do with lore. It was more like an oversight.

His status in that game was undead being that it was after Sub-Zero murdered him.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The whole thing is just silly…Why couldn’t the Lin Kuei and the Shirai Ryu exist and work together?
The thing is they were doing that before the timeline reset. You’d think Liu would just erase Bi Han, give Kuai Liang the Lin Kuei, and Hanzo the Shirai Ryu. That was one of the only things that were actually pretty ideal for earthrealm before the timeline reset. Minus Hanzo dying obviously, but even Scorpion was agreeable to a truce with Kuai Liang.