What's new

A theory regarding f2,2,b1 and resets...

Tarlom

Noob
So, I'm sure most of you know that you can do f,2,2,b1, f3,2 and if you delay the f3,2 a bit it'll hit OTG, it'll reset the combo (but is blockable). I've also noticed this occasionally happens even with another f2 instead of an f3.

Recently, I decided to go try and figure out some Kenshi and Smoke tag combos, and noticed something... Kenshi's f2,,2,b1,tag into Smoke's 3,d1,2 with the same timing as Kenshi's reset will OTG... but it isn't blockable, and only resets the gravity.

I haven't done any testing with other characters, but I'd guess this works with a lot of strings after an f2,2,b1,tag, and would probably be very useful in making some high damage tag combos, too...

EDIT:
It also works with Shang's 3,3, Rain's 3,3 or 4,3, Scorpions f4, Liu's b3,1, and Quan's b3.

Also, it seems to not actually completely reset gravity when used in succession (for example, a loop with Rain where you can do f2,2,b1,tag,3,3,tag,repeat, which would be an infinite if it truly did reset gravity), oddly enough... but you can do any of Scorp's combos leading off of f4,spear,NJP after doing this, so it seems to completely reset gravity if done once, but not if done a second time, maybe...?

Anyway, I'd assume just about any string that starts low, or high with a low enough hit box, will work with this. Might test some more tomorrow.

I really should have made an account a long time ago, lol! I use this all the time, it's tough to get online. But this is a very useful discovery. Although I haven't played teams, and it sounds good to use there

Tarlom

Noob
This seems to be more and more common. Go figure indeed.
Great minds think alike, maybe?

Anyway, it seems this will (essentially) just let you boost the damage of any tag partner's combo that starts low by throwing a Kenshi f2,2,b1 in front of it. I've been experimenting with trying to do this with swapping back to Kenshi at some point after, without much success - but I found that the tag combos that end with Kenshi doing an upslash can go into f2,2,b1,tag and with enough speed/timing you can do the gravity reset - with some characters, at least.