What's new

A thank you request

Goldi

Noob
Leon is fixed, but still a champ :)

Now we're looking at bruised liver and lungs. But no internal bleeding. He's breathing fine, eating and drinking, being as much of a charmer as the day I met him <3

He's got some broken ribs. He's going to need lots of TLC for awhile. And, I really haven't thought about it yet, but I'm sure vet bills will have me on a budget for awhile. So I'll probably be scarce offline for some time I'm afraid.

But that's not important. I just want my friend back. They think Leon will be home this weekend at the rate he's healing. Like I said, he's tough :)

All of your comments mean a lot to me. This has been... Tragic for me and I'm grateful to have such an amazing community to come to for emotional support. Thank you all so much for your posts and concern and jokes and well wishes and advice and just, everything. Really. <3

Justice

Noob
All of your comments mean a lot to me. This has been... Tragic for me and I'm grateful to have such an amazing community to come to for emotional support. Thank you all so much for your posts and concern and jokes and well wishes and advice and just, everything. Really. <3
And huggles! BIIIIIG HUGGGLES! Take care and glad to hear Leon is doing so amazingley well :)

Plop

Noob
This is all truly touching and I'm so glad that this story has a happy ending, unlike so many like it. The driver must have been a proper cunt to just leave like that. I can't understand how anyone could physically do it.

ps/
Jeez i REALLY have to get my dog chipped. Thanks for posting this Goldfish :)

Big Frog

Noob
I knew I shouldn't of looked in this thread, but am glad I did anyway. I am honestly better at watching executions than hearing about animal stories. I'm such a baby when it comes to animal stuff.

That guy who rescued is simply AMAZING. I truly, truly hope for nothing but the best for you and your dog. Please keep updating us.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I can't really suggest anything more/different than anyone else in the thread already has, but I'm glad to read he is making a speedy recovery :) I love dogs and I know what its like to actually lose mine so I can imagine how traumatic it must be with him having come that close. Best wishes to you and Leon :)

You mean broken.
He has resets? :D

McNasty

Moist.
Breaks my heart to hear this goldfish:(

I wish you both a fast and full recovery both physical and emotional.

As for your hero I would assume they have a dog of their own, lunch and a puppy playdate would probably sufice.

God I love dogs more than people whoever this person is they are a saint in my eyes.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
That's amazing. I love my cats and am still saddened by the loss of Gracie who died a year ago. I'm glad everything has worked out for you two.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354759138.178405.jpg

Waffles (the black cat, no connection to GGA) and Minnow.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
This story has made my day. I'm a HUGE animal person. I've worked at Per Co for over a year now, and I'm going to school to have some kind of profession with animals. I could already feel the water works coming when you Said Leon had ran away and was hit, and the pictures only fueled it ;_; I don't know how you could hit an animal and not do something about it, I hit a rabbit once and felt bad for like a week =/. Thank god that the person who hit him was kind enough to take him to the vet. Please keep us updated on him, and once you are back together take a picture for us =).

Goldi

Noob
He's a hero, and the vet was nice enough to give me his name and phone number since he's a client there. But the number has been disconnected :(

So I think a note - along with chunks of this thread printed out, especially the Leon pics (I love the one of kitten Glen sitting on him) and a humane society donation in his name. It's Jeremy. I can leave a nice card of it all at the vets for him. Maybe pay for a year of heart worm meds or something. I don't know. I want it to feel personal. I adore this man and I've never even met him lol

If the worst had happened, and Leon had to be euthanized, at least he would have been warm and safe and not in any pain. :( It could have been so different if it were not for Jeremy. But I don't want to think about that. I don't think I'd be quite alright for awhile if I lost him. As it is, I'm even finding myself too sensitive to play MK due to the gore. I'm still fragile, not as tough as Leon :)

Leon's vet update: He's been taking small walks. He still has tubes to drain the fluid in his lungs, and an IV but he's almost clear of the risk of blood clots. The nurses say he doesn't stop wagging his tail :) He's so sweet and friendly. He's breathing fine, his blood work is great. There is liver and lung bruising, but no internal bleeding. They say he is healing very well. He's something of s couch potato/lap dog at home, so I don't think he's minding the rest and attention. He's also eating and drinking. He's very friendly and gentle and kinda large (around 70lbs) so they are letting him follow them around a little. :) He wasn't caged when I last saw him. But still, to pick up a wounded animal that size.... That takes a lot of courage. Jeremy had no idea how kind Leon is. Not that it wouldn't be uncommon for even friendly animals to lash out when in pain. He really is a saint.

Omg.. I can't imagine being in that kind of trauma and able to walk the next day. I haven't been able to eat, but Leon is munching away, I'm still scared and sad and worried and he's wagging at nurses.... He really is a strong dog <3

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Whatever you end up doing, make sure it's something that shows him that you genuinely appreciate what he did. Trying to be anon and having someone give you a wholehearted type of thanks after doing a good deed is such a gdlk feel

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
man this thread...
im sad because i love my dog so so much and dunno what id do if something happened her & happy because of what that guy did.
id say its very hard to try think of something to get him that would even be worth half as much as getting your dog back.
hope everything works out ok for leon

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Man.. I'm a man's man. I use Mitchum and I drink milk straight from the carton. But I'm not gonna lie..

I almost teared up while reading this post. But I saved it at the last minute, so it's ok.

Goldfish.. Real talk man to woman -- if you ever post something this heartfelt and sympathy-inducing again, I'll have to let you babality my jax.. Because that's the closest a real man can get to weeping.

In all seriousness though, I'm sorry to hear about your dog, and I hope he makes a full recovery. I bet he's glad to know he's loved :)

Goldi

Noob
Leon update: The vet took out the tube that was draining the fluid in his lungs. He's breathing fine, still looking good. He has a slight temperature, but that's normal. We have to watch for infection, but that's a given after any surgery I think.

And now.... I am too happy to think of a proper Scorpion joke. But there is a 50/50 chance of him coming home today!! :D

I can't even put into words how happy I am. I feel like the luckiest person ever. :)

Leon update: The vet took out the tube that was draining the fluid in his lungs. He's breathing fine, still looking good. He has a slight temperature, but that's normal. We have to watch for infection, but that's a given after any surgery I think.

And now.... I am too happy to think of a proper Scorpion joke. But there is a 50/50 chance of him coming home today!! :D

I can't even put into words how happy I am. I feel like the luckiest person ever. :)
Glad to hear that your buddy Leon is doing better. Years ago I had a Great Dane that got hit by a car and he actually caused more damage to the car then what it cost for his surgery. My thoughts on what you can do is a nice hand written letter with a couple of pictures of Leon and maybe one of you with Leon while he is recovering. As far as a donation is concerned I agree donate to the humane society.

Goldi

Noob
And update: Leon is home! I left a novel of a thank you note, pictures, and a gift card at the vets office for Jeremy. With his phone shut off, there's not much else I can do but hope he goes back. He actually did after work on the day of the accident to see how Leon was.

I'm so tired lol. I've been trying to make him stay resting, but he wants to cuddle and follow me like always. It's so sweet and sad. He's trying to act like like nothing happened. I've never been so happy.

I'll leave a warning - the following pics are a little graphic. But Leon is comfortable and happy.

You can see has a little fishnet sweater to keep his band aids in place. Pure coincidence it matches his new collar. What can I say? I'm just that good :D
He's on a lot of medication right now, and you can see some of the injuries and stitches. I thought it would make me squeamish, but I'm just so happy he's ok, it doesn't matter.

Goldi

Noob
Don't let his sweater fool you, he's a very tough dog <3

And he's getting better everyday :)

I'm sorry, I've turned this thread into my own diary/blog post. But in the OP, I didn't know if Leon was going to make it. I'm just so happy, I can't pet him without getting misty eyes I'm so grateful.

But I think most gamers are animal lovers. And I still just can't get over how incredibly lucky we were.

Ok, I'll try to control myself. But, hey, he matches my hitbox lol. That's kinda MK related :)

jamessmk

I am your god
Don't let his sweater fool you, he's a very tough dog <3

And he's getting better everyday :)

I'm sorry, I've turned this thread into my own diary/blog post. But in the OP, I didn't know if Leon was going to make it. I'm just so happy, I can't pet him without getting misty eyes I'm so grateful.

But I think most gamers are animal lovers. And I still just can't get over how incredibly lucky we were.

Ok, I'll try to control myself. But, hey, he matches my hitbox lol. That's kinda MK related :)
Man.. I want a sweater like that.. Maybe I get him an OBS sweater we can trade :)