What's new

General/Other - Boneshaper A super crazy Bone Shaper buff I'd like to have

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
In the last patch, as everybody knows, Shinnok got nerfed, and one of those nerfs was a slight range reduction to Bone Shaper's scepter slam. personally I'm ok with the nerf itself but that also made it impossible for Shinnok to juggle the EX shoulder into the scepter.

what I'm asking for is for the EX shoulder to launch a little bit less further, and I don't think is that big of a buff considering that bone shaper will still prefer the EX scepter slam as a reversal, I just want it because it looks cool to be honest.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
To be honest, I suspect that's actually why they decreased the range on it, to stop it from converting from after the EX shoulder, because EX scoop in the neutral still serves the same purpose essentially. Not sure why NRS did it, but you could say the same about a lot of the "luxury nerfs" (if that's even a term) Bone Shaper received I guess.

#buffsummonernotenoughdamage #nerfboneshapertoomuchdamage

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
I was thinking what if it it sort of acted like a weaker MB Hell Spark in which it launches the opponent up towards the Shinnok player. This would lead to being able to combo off a reversal though. In Necromancer, Shinnok can combo off of Ex-Shoulder Charge with Summon Fiend (DF+4). In Impostor I would imagine that if Ex-Shoulder Charge would launch a little less further, it would result in Mimicry being able to connect, and like you said in Bone Shaper, Sceptor Slam would be able to connect, so yeah this buff would definitely help Shinnok across the board. I just wonder how much range would be appropriate, like, just out of range of his F2 in Necromancer and Impostor, but still within range of Mimicry and Sceptor Slam?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
The scoop definitely should not have been nerfed. It's his best counterzoning tool and now it's much harder to use. The main problem is that his movement is terrible, and in the matches where he gets outzoned, it's difficult to close the gap. The scoop nerf was totally unnecessary.

Crathen

Death is my business
The scoop definitely should not have been nerfed. It's his best counterzoning tool and now it's much harder to use. The main problem is that his movement is terrible, and in the matches where he gets outzoned, it's difficult to close the gap. The scoop nerf was totally unnecessary.
Lbsh he doesn't get outzoned easily ( like ok predator does that ) and even then he can trade w the projectile and / or bait a projectile small run EX scoop wich hits basically fullscreen , also let's not forget how underrated his jump punch is in MKX , it's not Lao/Kahn tier but a bit worse.

He's still very rounded up and his damage is actually ok , like who 8-2's Shinnok ( or even 7-3) , the only buff i'd give is to necro and not a huge one , just to see him used more.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Lbsh he doesn't get outzoned easily ( like ok predator does that ) and even then he can trade w the projectile and / or bait a projectile small run EX scoop wich hits basically fullscreen , also let's not forget how underrated his jump punch is in MKX , it's not Lao/Kahn tier but a bit worse.

He's still very rounded up and his damage is actually ok , like who 8-2's Shinnok ( or even 7-3) , the only buff i'd give is to necro and not a huge one , just to see him used more.
A bunch of characters outzone him. Quan, tanya, mileena, kitana, liu kang and kung jin can all outzone him/force him to go in. Shinnok gets outzoned by characters that also have better offense lol

thlityoursloat

kick kick
A bunch of characters outzone him. Quan, tanya, mileena, kitana, liu kang and kung jin can all outzone him/force him to go in. Shinnok gets outzoned by characters that also have better offense lol
This is quite frankly, something's that has been pissing me off from day 1. Why does Liu beat Cyber Kano in zoning? When Liu has god like meterless pressure and all Kano has is a couple of good normals and +5 EX knives? Why do Mileena, Liu and pew Pred maul Kenshi? Ugh.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't think Bone Shaper's damage is unacceptable per se, but there really was no justification behind the scaling nerfs he received, considering his damage is already categorically sub-par on all fronts lol.

You're right, Shinnok needs buffs.

Now let's talk about how Rekkas should all have armour all the way through if you mb the first hit. See you in THAT thread.
The OP was serious and was simply requesting a reversion to tech that Bone Shaper had from day 1. That's not unreasonable.

If you would like to negotiate genuine buff requests, please refer to the Summoner Quan forums. That variation is in clear need of improvement on damage output.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You're right, Shinnok needs buffs.

Now let's talk about how Rekkas should all have armour all the way through if you mb the first hit. See you in THAT thread.
as I said, Bone Shaper will still prefer the EX Scepter as a reversal, so it's not even a real buff. it's just something that I find pretty annoying knowing I can't do, that's all.

Immortal

Blind justice....
the title was ironic, if you read the main post, you see that it's not even a real buff.

and @Immortal, I see you hating for those losses with likes :DOGE
Not really, i'm very happy with my Kenshi, but keep telling that to yourself, maybe one day you will believe it. :>

Also stop tagging me in your derp posts, please. I don't recall writing anything to you here nor anywhere else unless asked first.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Was it Kenshi vs Boneshaper? Because I wouldn't pop off too hard for winnin that lol
It was Balanced Kenshi vs BS Shinnok. So like worst possible or second worst Kenshi match up. And on top of that it was online, where with his connection its just like playing under water for like anybody outside Italy.

But hey, he won, gg. He probably sleeps better now after writing on forums that he beat my Kenshi with Shinnok. lol.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Was it Kenshi vs Boneshaper? Because I wouldn't pop off too hard for winnin that lol
my main is Impostor, but I play multiple characters really, most of them counters to Kenshi. but I won as Shinnok against his Kobu Tanya too, and that's a bad MU for Shinnok.

anyway I'm not popping off, I'm just making irony on the fact that he is hating on me heavily lately. belive me, I don't wanna sound like a jerk that brags about his skills, there isn't much to brag about anyway.

Last edited: