What's new

A small addition to fire fatalities

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Now with classic Scorpion and Sonya fatalities in the system too, why are all the fire fatalities have clean skeletons after being burned? Shouldn't they stay on fire or at least be scorched? I know I'm just nitpicking but It looks kind of weird. Also Sub Zero must have gotten stronger because he no longer has to even tug on their head more than once.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Now with classic Scorpion and Sonya fatalities in the system too, why are all the fire fatalities have clean skeletons after being burned? Shouldn't they stay on fire or at least be scorched? I know I'm just nitpicking but It looks kind of weird. Also Sub Zero must have gotten stronger because he no longer has to even tug on their head more than once.
MK1 Sub-Zero does it this way as well. He just rips it off. Fluorescent skeletons though.

D

Deleted member 9158

I think they did that on purpose. The thing that trips me up is the sudden switch back and forth from 60fps to 30fps in a couple of them. Like Johnny Cage's

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Still you would think it's easy enough to keep the burning effect on, like how Inferno Scorpion lights himself on fire.

@Prinz you are correct I forgot that was a later edition that he struggled with it.

Last edited:

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I can't do Scorpion's classic fatality at all. Anyone mind saying how they do it on pad?

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
The skeletons look fake as hell when skin is burned off. I originally thought the black dragon faction kill skeleton was just placeholder because it looks so bad/cheap but apparently that's their final skeleton model...weird.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I also nitpick about realism w/ a game like this. I think my biggest unimportant gripe about presentation is that blood doesn't run into the water in the Kuatan Jungle stage LOL
That would be so dope and seemingly pretty simple to do. I think without the clean cuts, burns and stuff...it takes away the gruesome factor. If it was more of a tear the head into different parts or something then it'd be dope

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I agree, the skeletons looks terrible, they should be all chard and have globs of burnt flesh still on them and stuff.

I think in general the gore is a little toned down, I kinda wish there was more blood. MK9 damage was a little much, but the way they got absolutely covered in gore was frickn cool.

Also while we are on the subject, has anyone noticed that apart from some splashed and stuff here and there after a few rounds you get a thin long line of blood, looking like some one has drawn a red line with a ruler? This looks bad as well, surly it couldn't have been hard to just have the blood not always drop on the same spots or w/e

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
thats how they looked in the original, I think.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I agree, the skeletons looks terrible, they should be all chard and have globs of burnt flesh still on them and stuff. I think in general the gore is a little toned down, I kinda wish there was more blood. MK9 damage was a little much, but the way they got absolutely covered in gore was frickn cool.
The inmatch battle damage was fucking absurdly over the top in MK9. Hated it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
completely agree, but I did like how they got covered in the other players blood.

E

Eldriken

I also nitpick about realism w/ a game like this. I think my biggest unimportant gripe about presentation is that blood doesn't run into the water in the Kuatan Jungle stage LOL
MKX isn't a true next-gen game to me because of this very thing. I was a bit let down that water and blood completely ignore one another when they come into contact with each other.

The skeleton shit also irks me as well. Really effin' lazy in my opinion.

Same with the aforementioned Reptile fatality. I thought he was gonna Oberyn their ass but nope.

Another thing I dislike is how every cut is so clean. Where's all the tearing and shit that would obviously happen? Maybe in the next MK game.

Tim Static

Adminerator
MKX isn't a true next-gen game to me because of this very thing. I was a bit let down that water and blood completely ignore one another when they come into contact with each other.

The skeleton shit also irks me as well. Really effin' lazy in my opinion.

Same with the aforementioned Reptile fatality. I thought he was gonna Oberyn their ass but nope.

Another thing I dislike is how every cut is so clean. Where's all the tearing and shit that would obviously happen? Maybe in the next MK game.
They need to make another Shaolin Monks game to get the gore good lol

Also, when in the Kove stage, a fatality that leaves the victim on the planks, with a pool of blood etc etc. Dafuq?

I know I'm nitpicking lol, but Ive been doing that with this game since 1992 lol

E

Eldriken

They need to make another Shaolin Monks game to get the gore good lol

Also, when in the Kove stage, a fatality that leaves the victim on the planks, with a pool of blood etc etc. Dafuq?

I know I'm nitpicking lol, but Ive been doing that with this game since 1992 lol
Hell yeah. Shaolin Monks 2 would be great. They could go insane with the gore then. =O

I also nitpick about this kind of stuff as well, lol. The blood effects are good, just not their interactions with certain environments.

But it's probably a lot more complicated than I think it is to make blood fall through every possible crack in a realistic manner.

Also, wtf happened to footprints tracking blood when you stepped in it like Deadly Alliance and such?