What's new

A-Rod Finally Leads Rangers To World Series

Tim Static

Adminerator
LMAO this is great!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/arod-finally-leads-rangers-to-world-series,18320/

ARLINGTON, TX—Ten years after signing a record $252 million contract to play baseball in Texas, third baseman Alex Rodriguez finally delivered for the Rangers by leading the franchise to its first-ever World Series. "A-Rod came up big for us this entire series, all the way up until the last out," Rangers manager Ron Washington told reporters during a postgame press conference, saying that the Rangers would have had no chance of beating the New York Yankees without Rodriguez's remarkable performance at the plate. "It was a long time coming, but you have to give the guy credit. He was the Rangers' MVP, no question." Washington added that seeing Rodriguez take Texas to the World Series was one thing, but A-Rod almost single-handedly beating the Yankees was "extra sweet."
hahahahahahaha love it

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ehh, let Texas make jokes...LOL@ them for owing A-rod 80 mil lmao...that's why you won't see Cliff Lee back with them...mark my words ;)

Not sure what Ron is saying though with A-rod beating the Yankees? He's been with them since 04...and Texas has never been to a WS like...ever lol I mean I could say something about that, but ehh I just know my team has 27 so I just smile :)

Lee will be in pinstripes soon, then I want to see Ron's reaction :) bye bye lol

TWZTID

Noob
Ehh, let Texas make jokes...LOL@ them for owing A-rod 80 mil lmao...that's why you won't see Cliff Lee back with them...mark my words ;)

Not sure what Ron is saying though with A-rod beating the Yankees? He's been with them since 04...and Texas has never been to a WS like...ever lol I mean I could say something about that, but ehh I just know my team has 27 so I just smile :)

Lee will be in pinstripes soon, then I want to see Ron's reaction :) bye bye lol
what has a-rod done for the yankees in the post season? hes cost them more games than anyone on the roster... especially for getting 200+ mil

MKF30

People can't use that though anymore and it's a known fact that he was one of the few this post season who was hitting, and last year he killed in the playoffs....ask anyone who knows baseball or Yankees baseball...

Now, also one other thing people convienently forget is those years A-rod struggled in playoffs...A. they didn't lose because of "just him, baseball is a team sport...I've played it...even if he hit a HR every time, without good pitching you're not winning. B. Those years, he killed in the regular season=without his contributions they wouldn't have even made the playoffs a few of those years....as in you know, walk off hr's, extra inning hits that won games for the yankees....

Believe me, I not only live in NYC but am a HUGE Yankee fan....most Yankee fans forgot about that past nonsense with playoffs but apparently Ron has no idea how important he is for the team and is just pissed his organization couldn't afford A-rod and took off more then they could chew with his contract....ask anyone.

Now money wise, nobody is worth millions what they all make...it's not just A-rod...he happens to lead everyone but someone has to...Jeter, Manny, Pujols etc list is endless...alot of these guys make far too much.

@Demon, he used performance drugs for 3 years only...and has been clean ever since...Bonds if FAR more of a cheat and the biggest joke of MLB history, yet still lying about it...A-rod will break Bonds bs record soon anyway without drugs...

MKF30

lol, I think Lee would want to join the Yankees. wouldn't you? Tons of money? Higher winning probability? lol Only thing is the pressure....but I doubt Lee would have that problem.

The A-rod thing was an accident...thanks to Arron Boon's stupidity hurting his leg playing B-ball for fun lol he broke a term in his contract and due to that was why the Yankees got A-rod lol for Soriano. So in a way that was a blessing in disguise, but Texas...aside from doing well of late are bankrupt or near it, they are still paying for A-rod, they won't be able to ink Lee(I doubt he'll want one year) but who knows...

But anyway I think Texas will just own the Giants....they went thru the Rays, Yanks...Giants shouldn't pose a problem.

Tim Static

Adminerator
lol, I think Lee would want to join the Yankees. wouldn't you? Tons of money? Higher winning probability? lol Only thing is the pressure....but I doubt Lee would have that problem.

The A-rod thing was an accident...thanks to Arron Boon's stupidity hurting his leg playing B-ball for fun lol he broke a term in his contract and due to that was why the Yankees got A-rod lol for Soriano. So in a way that was a blessing in disguise, but Texas...aside from doing well of late are bankrupt or near it, they are still paying for A-rod, they won't be able to ink Lee(I doubt he'll want one year) but who knows...

But anyway I think Texas will just own the Giants....they went thru the Rays, Yanks...Giants shouldn't pose a problem.
You are the most biased person i've ever known.

not a bad thing, definitely not great but its true.

Oh well. This year was semi exciting to me because the Cincinnati Reds were pretty decent. Couldnt beat the good teams, but beat all the shitty teams very well. :) oh well. The season is about over, thank god. no more interupting my hockey and football highlights :coffee:

Pujols etc list is endless...alot of these guys make far too much.
What???? Pujols deserves every penny he gets. I think he is the best player in the world.

But you know pitching is what wins in the mlb. I think SF has the superior pitching. It's going to be a very good series tho, I see SF winning in 7.

Oh well. This year was semi exciting to me because the Cincinnati Reds were pretty decent. Couldnt beat the good teams, but beat all the shitty teams very well. :) oh well. The season is about over, thank god. no more interupting my hockey and football highlights :coffee:
Fool, your crappy Celtics open their season tomorrow.:p

MKF30

So the truth is now biased? How am I biased? I know baseball, I've played the sport in leagues...it's common sense man...come on. I'm not more biased then you are when you talk about Tekken so really? lol It's fact, most people who are big names want to come to a winning, high paying organization like NY, Boston, LA etc...how do you not know this?

Demon, Pujols is good, so is Jeter, Arod, Hamilton, tons of other players...but none of them are worth that much money...not even close. I don't think Pujols is the best player in the world in MLB, he's good, so is a-rod but there are better then both with certain stats. Lou Gerhig has numbers that flat out own Pujols...

True, pitching does win but keep in mind it's mickey mouse ball club pitching...Texas is an AL team with AL hitting, meaning no weak spots in the line up as oppose to NL line ups...just saying. I think Texas will personally wipe the floor with Giants, win it in 6 max. We'll see though.

Demon, Pujols is good, so is Jeter, Arod, Hamilton, tons of other players...but none of them are worth that much money...not even close. I don't think Pujols is the best player in the world in MLB, he's good, so is a-rod but there are better then both with certain stats. Lou Gerhig has numbers that flat out own Pujols...
Hey MKF, I disagree with you. You can't compare Jeter, Hamilton etc to Pujols. Arod maybe, if he was clean & didn't juice, but since he did you need to whipe out half of his career stats. Pujols is the best right now. Of all time? the guy is far from done. I dont know Lou's numbers, but i'll check them out.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Stop with the "Clean and didnt juice", especially when you are talking about Pujols. They all juiced, and i'm sure Pujols still does, especially if you think Arod does.

and why are we comparing Pujols to Lou Gerhig? I'm sorry i didnt realize he was still playing!

ANYWHO this thread has gotten extremely off topic. It was meant as a tease on Arod and now its turned into bullshit.

MKF30

lol, no worries tim. Was just stating that Lou was a ridiculous first baseman and was probably the best 1st baseman ever offensively especially for his time.(like Jordan is the best B-ball center/guard ever) know what I mean?

Demon, that's all good man. Although, Jeter has not nearly as much power as A-rod or Pujols...and believe me they are very comparable in a few ways, but Jeter is still one of the best players ever to play the sport, at the rate he's on now he has a good chance to lead MLB history with most hits...he already has the most h its out of any Yankee EVER lol. Hits, (not HR's, doubles etc) just overall hits but I do agree, that Pujols was probably doing something even if it was "legal" they all take supplements, enhancers etc if not roids at some point...The power guys I mean especially.

At any rate I thought this was more or less a WS thread, so can I like make one?

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
So the truth is now biased?

True, pitching does win but keep in mind it's mickey mouse ball club pitching...Texas is an AL team with AL hitting, meaning no weak spots in the line up as oppose to NL line ups...just saying. I think Texas will personally WIPE THE FLOOR with Giants, win it in 6 max. We'll see though.
Giants 1-0
11-7 :)

MKF30

Have to be happy if you like the Giants but series isn't over yet, I'm sure 2 more wins isn't too much for the Giants ;)

Stop with the "Clean and didnt juice", especially when you are talking about Pujols. They all juiced, and i'm sure Pujols still does, especially if you think Arod does.

and why are we comparing Pujols to Lou Gerhig? I'm sorry i didnt realize he was still playing!

ANYWHO this thread has gotten extremely off topic. It was meant as a tease on Arod and now its turned into bullshit.
You just assume that about Pujols, but he's legit.

@ MKF i told you SF was winning. I think you thought TEX was going to crush SF cause they beat NY.

MKF30

Well, assuming Texas played the way they did against the Yankees and Rays, then they would have won but apparently only the Giants showed up this year WS lol. In a way though I'm glad because it makes Yankees bagging Lee that much easier ;) so in a way, thank you Giants :)