What's new

A reason to use input shortcuts (if you don't)

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
This is almost certainly known, but it's new to me because I've never played with input shortcuts on. I don't like shortcuts because it makes it more likely for an input error, but it was accidentally on while I was playing and then labbing Scorpion because I couldn't ever react to spear in time to duck and teleport it with D'vorah. Well in the lab I realized that my inputs were being stored, so I thought I had release check on. I didn't and some trial and error lead to me realizing that input shortcuts store your down inputs forever. If you've only ever played with them on, it doesn't do that.

So instead of having to duck, let go of duck, db3, I can just duck, b3 and get teleport. Works with any special with a down input as far as I'm aware. Should be useful with D'vorah's df2 for me as well.

Zviko

Noob
But what if you want Scorpion's B3 but you'll get DB3 instead. Or if you want D'Vorah's F2 and you'll get DF2 etc.

Second Saint

But what if you want Scorpion's B3 but you'll get DB3 instead. Or if you want D'Vorah's F2 and you'll get DF2 etc.
There are slightly different timings, so ideally you'd get the thing you want 99% of the time. It certainly can happen, but there are clear benefits as well as some downsides.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I turn off any assist in this game and i'm more than glad that there is an option to turn them off.
Couldn't imagine the game forcing me input window, button shortcuts and input shortcuts all at once.

It hurt my MKX experience as i could go faster but if did the character i use would use a special instead of a command normal.

I started playing this game with button shortcuts on, but then turned them off as having throws also enables interables which are 1+2, so having a character with 2, 1 2 string was activating interactables, so i just turned everything off for good, and it feels great.

Second Saint

I turn off any assist in this game and i'm more than glad that there is an option to turn them off.
Couldn't imagine the game forcing me input window, button shortcuts and input shortcuts all at once.

It hurt my MKX experience as i could go faster but if did the character i use would use a special instead of a command normal.

I started playing this game with button shortcuts on, but then turned them off as having throws also enables interables which are 1+2, so having a character with 2, 1 2 string was activating interactables, so i just turned everything off for good, and it feels great.
Same here. I'm a keyboard player, so it was always really easy to go too fast for the game to handle. Especially if I was trying to wakeup armor in MkX, hence my never using shortcuts in this game.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
This tech goes even further. With subzero input shortcuts allow him to slide from a crouching position by sliding your inputs from down to db to f3. It allows him to slide under high hits without standing up. Helpful for sliding under Liu's amp low fireball and things like that.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Interesting. You can basically hold down and use back forward for most everything. Can even auto cancel into specials with one button press if the special uses the same button.

Not sure if it's worth the accidents, but as someone that needs to do a lot of down-button into special, it might be worth trying for awhile having a better idea what triggers what. Having let go of down before db has been something I've had to focus on very specifically at times, so bypassing the concern is interesting.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
This happens to me allllll the damn time. I’ll block a low with Sindel, then want to b3 combo, but end up floating in the air instead. It makes me so mad, I just wish I could completely disable that move.