What's new

A Question For The Community.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So, I wasn't quite sure where to put this because it is a question that goes to MKC and Injustice community. While I'm listening to the podcast with Pig, Tom Brady, REO, and m2Dave, a question popped into my mind.

What will happen to our community?

With low sign-up numbers for MK9 and people claiming(rightly or wrongly is irrelevant) that the game is "dead," where will those players go?

One thought is that they would play Injustice, but a lot of MK9 guys don't like Injustice. Which is fine. So what will those players do if the game is dropped by tournaments?

Injustice players have said that the game lacks depth, that they dislike it, so on and so forth. With people dropping this game, what will the tourney scene look like?

It seems like there is a divide in the community now, and I wonder how the future will look for us. What will the community look like a year from now after MK9's "death" and people dropping Injustice?

Discuss. Or not.

Goldi

Noob
I lost my crystal ball, but I have a feeling both games will end up something of side status and kind of like sisters to each other offline. The two just pair off well, naturally.

The community will gradually pick their "main game" or favorite between the two, and play the other casually or maybe not at all but they'll remain close to each other.

Just my guess. I'm an optimist. We've cried dead on MK before only for it to jump back to life like "I'm feeling better now!" <3

redeyes

Button Masher
people say injustice lacks depth cause its 2 months into the damn game.

go look at evo 2011 MK9 GF.
24 mix ups real depth huh?

people need to stop crying about how this game doesnt have what MK did. well maybe cause we had 2 fucking years to learn things next to 2 months.

i love the MK community but it so obvious why were laughed at by capcom.

if a lot of capcom guys really enjoy injustice & are saying they are going to put time in after evo shouldnt that be a sign this game has what fighting games need? its not perfect but its good.

as far as MK. it will slowly die it will always be a side event till MK10 but its an old game that lacks support from NRS you really expect us to try & keep it going only to lose 10$ to a kabal?