What's new

A nifty reset I've found

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
You know Quan Chi's 4 normal? That really awesome looking kick? I was determined to find a use for it, just becaus of how cool it looks, and alas, I've found something pretty neat

Do any combo with trance in it. For example, I'll use mine.

Jump in punch, B2, 1, dash, B2, 1, dash, 1, 1, 2, trance, Jump in punch, 4. 37% damage

This is the important part. They are staggered, you are at an advantage. It's really convenient, so far none of my foes knew what hit them.

Immediatly; dash, F1, 2, trance, then your combo of choice (or you can just do the reset again, but I prefer not to overuse it, or else they see it coming). Again, we'll use my preferred combo as an example

Jump back, jump back, jump in punch, B2, 1, dash, B2, 1, dash, F1, 2, 1+2. Another 37%.

That adds up to a whopping 74 freaking percent! :D Of course, those are just with my combos, perhaps you all can come up with even more damaging ones?

Any issues or problems with this seemingly awesome discovery I've found, please tell me :)

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
But on the real, you can do the reset, you just don't jump in punch before it. I'll play around with this, I got another reset but it's pretty meter dependent.

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
You can block this. I just tested it with a friend and you can block the 4 after the jump in punch, preventing the stagger state.
You have to be REALLY quick after the jump in punch. Tbh I just mash B as fast as I can T_T see when I discovered it I left the test dummy with no block, so then I set it to auto block and thought "damn... that's a shame" but I tried a couple more times and mashed B, and you can certainly pull it off easily once you get the hang of it :)

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
You have to be REALLY quick after the jump in punch. Tbh I just mash B as fast as I can T_T see when I discovered it I left the test dummy with no block, so then I set it to auto block and thought "damn... that's a shame" but I tried a couple more times and mashed B, and you can certainly pull it off easily once you get the hang of it :)
Is there a way for your opponent to get out of it? Because I got hit by something ridiculous like this by another Quan Chi player and I swear I couldn't block. He took between 70-80% of my health every time he did this which is why he ended up winning games against me. I was amazed and annoyed at the same time.

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
Is there a way for your opponent to get out of it? Because I got hit by something ridiculous like this by another Quan Chi player and I swear I couldn't block. He took between 70-80% of my health every time he did this which is why he ended up winning games against me. I was amazed and annoyed at the same time.
The only way to get out of it is to block low after the reset, AND KEEP BLOCKING AFTER HE DOES THE TWO HITS LOL, or else he'll still catch you with trance and do a mere 5% less or something. From my experience with opponents, it's a bit intimidating and unorthodox, so don't let it throw you off.

Heh, only reason I'm saying this now is because I mastered Quan Chi two days ago and moved on T_T a shame that I found it so recently

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Okay, Penguin, so I went back to lab to give you the benefit of the doubt. It looks like it works, ON A CPU OPPONENT. Here's a video of me trying it out this morning:

As you can see, it works, but when I was testing it with a live person they were able to block. This might be a computer/scrub specific reset. I'll test more thoroughly with someone and I'll get back to you on it.

Sorry about the quality, I recorded it on my webcam.

DIRTY

Noob
Okay, Penguin, so I went back to lab to give you the benefit of the doubt. It looks like it works, ON A CPU OPPONENT. Here's a video of me trying it out this morning:

As you can see, it works, but when I was testing it with a live person they were able to block. This might be a computer/scrub specific reset. I'll test more thoroughly with someone and I'll get back to you on it.

Sorry about the quality, I recorded it on my webcam.
It only allows you a free jump in/Mix up. The computer is getting caught by the following f,1,2 due to the second low hit and it's inability to block low unless set to block while ducking.

Still, Just like Kitana's cutter... It's only causing a stun, And whatever follows up can be blocked by a human if done correctly.

But none the less, Still a sweet mix up opportunity.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
It only allows you a free jump in/Mix up. The computer is getting caught by the following f,1,2 due to the second low hit and it's inability to block low unless set to block while ducking.

Still, Just like Kitana's cutter... It's only causing a stun, And whatever follows up can be blocked by a human if done correctly.

But none the less, Still a sweet mix up opportunity.
Oh I know that, I was talking about the blocking the 4 after the jump in punch, as stated in the previous responses. Don't pay attention to me saying karate chop in the video. I just blurt out random things when I play MK.

DIRTY

Noob
Oh I know that, I was talking about the blocking the 4 after the jump in punch, as stated in the previous responses. Don't pay attention to me saying karate chop in the video. I just blurt out random things when I play MK.
Oh yeah that definitely combos, Just button slide from 2 to 4 for best results. Still love this tactic though. :)

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
You know Quan Chi's 4 normal? That really awesome looking kick? I was determined to find a use for it, just becaus of how cool it looks, and alas, I've found something pretty neat

Do any combo with trance in it. For example, I'll use mine.

Jump in punch, B2, 1, dash, B2, 1, dash, 1, 1, 2, trance, Jump in punch, 4. 37% damage

This is the important part. They are staggered, you are at an advantage. It's really convenient, so far none of my foes knew what hit them.

Immediatly; dash, F1, 2, trance, then your combo of choice (or you can just do the reset again, but I prefer not to overuse it, or else they see it coming). Again, we'll use my preferred combo as an example

Jump back, jump back, jump in punch, B2, 1, dash, B2, 1, dash, F1, 2, 1+2. Another 37%.

That adds up to a whopping 74 freaking percent! :D Of course, those are just with my combos, perhaps you all can come up with even more damaging ones?

Any issues or problems with this seemingly awesome discovery I've found, please tell me :)
The only problem with this is that F+1,2 is something that the computer can't block unless ducking but human opponents can. Replace that with U+3, B+3,1+2 or throw and then you will have a reset.

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
I tested this today and this is NOT a reset. Your opponent can jump out of all your options without a scratch throw, U+3, and B+3,1+2.

Pagan

Noob
Someone posted a combo reset guide earlier using teleport. As baba said 1,1,skydrop does the same and it does a little bit more damage. You should check it out if you like using Chibo's reset options.

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
isn't ending with 11teleport way better
It would be except it doesn't give as much frame advantage now so your opponent can only get grounded by the U+3, B+3,1+2 hits them in the air taking away lots of damage he gets from it and they can jump before your throw connects. Only thing now that is a frame trap is 2,1 enhanced rune which grants a 50/50 but that requires one bar.