What's new

A New Post-Reveal Prediction Thread.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
EVERYBODY
Make your wagers as to what you think is going to take place in MK11 now that we know what we know.

I'll start with my big one.
Which idk if anyone has cast their vote on this possibility yet, but between reveal footage + old endings + the throwbacks to the old era/timeline, this seems like a safe bet:

Shang Tsung and Ermac are going to be the Noob/Smoke of MK11.
Whether they'll be two bodies in one like the MK2 Noob costume in MK9, or seperate entities/variations like in Deception or as the Triborg/TMNT of the game, I have no idea. But I'm calling it.

Call your shots.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
My prediction: People will make dumb predictions before they even know what's up.
Gosh I must be a prophet.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Crazy idea but i am not sure that i will like or dislike..
I like it all over. I think they'll go Shang Tsung in Ermac's body, but if they went full Deception and they were both one character, I'd go bananas.

It makes perfect story and gameplay sense. Shang is literally Ermac's maker. They have all that spooky green soul magic in common. Ermac has presumably been losing power since he turned into a mummy, and Shang needs a body. If you were Ermac, would you say no? Probably not.
And on top of that, it would be a flip on the head of a couple of the MKD timeline stories.
Like if they go evil, then instead of a returning Noob with a broken Robo-Smoke henchman, you have a returning Shang in possession of a weak lost Ermac henchman.
BUT, if they run with the Shang Is A Good Guy angle, they could redo the story where Ermac was the one who saved Kenshi and taught him telekinesis, but this time he finds Shang Tsung and they help each other survive or something to that effect.

In terms of MK lore, there are not many people who've been around as long as Shang and King Jerrod (i think that's Ermac's real name). It would make sense. Example: both of them cross paths on his ruined Island, because its Shang's place of power and where Ermac was made, and Shang is just a floating lost soul but he's snapped out of whatever spell he was under like Sindel eventually did and has come to his senses like "oh god, what have i done, i have to fix this, but I'm a soul, DAMMIT," but hey hey hey, who happens to also be dying on this ruined island but everyone's favorite red soul laundromat. They make a deal: Shang powers up Ermac, Ermac takes him to go get his body back. They find a shrine or something, power up, and BAM! You get super-buff, fully restored, Many VS One Ermac with a Shang Tsung co-pilot. And they have to stop Raiden, because he's gone friggin' crazy.

Scene.

Gamer68

Fujin!
In the Behind The Scenes trailer we see old/new timeline Liu Kangs and Kung Laos fight each other. They are at a forest with giant snake (or dragon?) statues that are around this pond of weird blue stuff.

Geras has blue "blood" so I'm assuming the blue pond is set-up by Kronika so she can fuel something, and old timeline Liu Kang and Kung Lao are trying to stop her.

Geras has a gear piece called "Totem of Immortal Onaga, which implies that Kronika and her team has interest in Onaga.

My theory: The location they are at in the trailer has something to do with Reptile, which is why they are at a forest with giant snake stuff. Kronika wants the lineline that Raiden messed with to get corrected, so she tries to force Onaga to come back using Reptile as a host (just like in MK Deception) by using her weird blue time fuel and whatever else. Liu Kang and Kung Lao stop the hosting process, but then Kronika is all like "NOOOOOOOOO!" and decides to jump into the pool. She gets powered up and merges with Onaga, but since the hosting process wasn't done properly and she lacks the Kamidogu to power her up, she is much weaker than she should be (but still strong, just not MK Deception Onaga levels strong). This is her NPC boss form -- similar to Shinnok's NPC boss form from MKX.