What's new

Tech A Little Trait Trick II

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Ok so this may sound stupid but my friends KNOW me as the master of weird strategies.... Today i bring you Scorp's Trait. Im still down at the lab testing it, BUT IT SEEMS that if well timed, Scorpion's TRAIT can be used as an anti air of sort.

This hits the opponent for 6% (un-blockable since enemy is in the Air) and downs the opponent in front of scorpion, then nets you a combo without even having to put your guard up.

Here some mini combos i've made after using the trait as AA. (MAde these vs DOOMSDAY's Bodysplash un-traited)

TRAIT AA, 113,teleport,113,Bloody spear 29%
TRAIT AA,113,Teleport,113,Bloody Spear MB,Ji2,11,Bloody spear 33%
TRAIT AA,113,teleport,f22u3,Blody spear 30%

These are just PROTOTYPE combos to use as an AA as examples. You can always go straight into 11 Bloody spear Ex and try and do something else. The optimal damage combos are still to be seen. this is IF, and only IF i find some consistency with the trait as an AA

AS MASHPOTATOTOWER said, 113~ Teleport WILL miss against small hitbox characters , (tested with FLashyboy here)
So at the moment im going with AA Trait,11~Bloody Spear MB,B3,J3,etc...

-As per posters: AA~Trait,
f22u3 tele d2 b3 j2 21 MB spear

Of course it does work vs Doomsday in Very hard a lot, but the timing and hitbox of the move is still a little unclear to me. But i've been having luck hitting it vs Offline players and CPU alike. Of course you might think this is a TRAIT waste but think of the possibilities. Specially vs characters that have heavy Air strategies like adam or Superman.OR like just happened to me 5 minutes ago, i missed a string and the opponent jumped over me, i ended the 11 string in ~TRAIT and got him grounded for a combo...
Just saying this is nothing rock solid yet, but the idea is there....

The idea is use the trait as an Air Parry of some sort. I will keep testing it out, let me know what you think.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
this works i've been doing this :) thanks for the post so other scorpion mains can know! im dropping freestroke for him!
King Checkmate

Yay! good to know its working for someone. The specifics will take me some time on whats hitbox, max damage output combos and which attacks can negate it, but ATM im using it vs Doomsday and superman's dreaded Aerial crossovers and it is working. Sometimes i just do AA Trait,11,MB Bloody spear, J3,teleport and just input some more crap. But im testing the consistency of the trait as an AA first :3

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
LOL yup
I Use Doomsday,Deathstroke,Bane,SHazam and now Scorpion. And i play really weird with all of them. Like in my post in the Deathstroke forum A little trait trick, i use a safe trait setup to get unblockable melee combos with DS ... or with bane (soon to come with A little trait trick 3) That i use probably the only bane that is always packing Venom 3 and almost never suffer the consequences...

Glad you liked the idea.
I never thought of using his trait as an AA... no wonder your friends know you as the master of weird strategies. :p

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
use f22u3
its scorpions go to launcher
try F22u3 tele b3
or f22u3tele d2 b3 for more ease
If you do AA trait, f22u3 tele d2 b3 j2 21 MB spear, how much less damage does it do than if you leave out the d2 before the b3? I'm interested because I find the f22u3 tele b3 link to be really hard (it seems like it might be a 1 or 2f link), and if it's only like 1% less, that'd definitely be a plus.

If you do AA trait, f22u3 tele d2 b3 j2 21 MB spear, how much less damage does it do than if you leave out the d2 before the b3? I'm interested because I find the f22u3 tele b3 link to be really hard (it seems like it might be a 1 or 2f link), and if it's only like 1% less, that'd definitely be a plus.
I don't really know for sure, but you may looking at as much as 6%

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
same question here. if his trait can stop every jump atks, it'll be insane!
I dont think ALL Aerial attacks. But im not sure yet im still testing. WIth the correct timing it does beat Doomsday's bosy splashes and Supermans Air Dive ,so thats that, seems that anything aerial without armor gets grounded by scorps trait.. The difficult thing is actually activating it half a second before the enemy is in the trait's range...
At the moment its being used MOSTLY as an ANTI CROSSUP AA option into combo.

Im using AA TRAIT~ f22u3,Bloody spear EtC...

since my original 113 sucks vs small hitbox characters..

in about 24 hours i will ahve a detailed hguide on how to effectivley use Scorpions trait as an AA. Till then.