What's new

A little Advice Please

OK i have been reading stuff on here and i have a background in fighting games...... the only problem is they 3D fighting games specifically the soul calibur series........

im finding the switch to 2D more difficult then i expected i am wondering if you guys in here can off me some advice on the best way to improve.

Truthfully i let the computer decide who i should main based on whoever i got my first epic gear for and it was BC which suits me down to the ground as typically i normally pick chars with good mix ups and 50/50s.

the main things i seem to struggle with is being totally out zoned and dropping combos. obviously mussel memory will eventually help me with dropping combos but the zoning and jumping around i am struggling with.

I also seem to struggle to actually start combos i seem to get hit out of them every time (not just jump ins but regular stuff like 21 or 112)

its there anything i can do that will help other than to play more. im sure some of you have made the change from 2D to 3D or 3D to 2D and might have some advice.

Thanks

Twiggy

myri

Time Warrior
Best way to tackle zoning is patience. Inching your way in can be frustrating and time consuming but it can be worth it just to avoid taking that damage.

Secondly you can use the meterburn roll option by doing a forward dash and hitting meterburn as it starts up. It covers a lot of ground, has invincibility frames and can help you get in on your opponent.

Third thing is specific to BC herself, try to use your level 3 trait to hit your opponent from full screen. If it hits, either you get a combo for it, assuming your execution is on point, or you trade with their projectile and this gives you a good amount of time to advance after you recover from hit stun.

Apart from that just play patient and work your way in, BC is character that is going to get zoned hard but you have options.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
About her combos, spend maybe like 20 minutes in a lab just doing stuff in the combo list https://testyourmight.com/threads/black-canary-combo-thread.63778/#post-2275990

If you notice, a lot of her combos use the same strings like "2U3, 33" into trait or a special. I'm having a little trouble too, having stepped away from fighting games for like a year and a half. Just get her BNB's down, then start playing online and experiment with ones that work best for you. Most important thing for me is to just remember that it's only a game, so if you lose like 20 matches before you start winning, it's all good.