What's new

Move List - Kung Lao A list of reasonable and not so reasonable change requests from a hat trick main

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Note this is from a hat trick main but includes general changes and QOL buffs.

Teleport on wake up grants 1 bar of meter

Z hat brutality functions again

F23 becomes safer, -22 is insane and affects hat trick more so than the other variations

Safer hat trap block cancels

Reduce hat call scaling to encourage multiple traps in combos

It becomes possible to ex grab off of teleport without performing ex teleport

Quicker recovery upon landing after an air hat call or ex air hat call back to allow a follow up

The ability to dive kick after a regular or ex hat call back.

Again nothing too serious, Just something to get people thinking. I figured since the grab tech window widened and the j2 nerf hurt buzz saw and hat trick without actually granting anything in xl it might be a good idea to speculate. Even though I hate these kind of threads..
Now make like a frisbee... And discus

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

F23 becomes safer, -22 is insane and affects hat trick more so than the other variations

Quicker recovery upon landing after an air hat call or ex air hat call back to allow a follow up

Again nothing too serious, Just something to get people thinking. I figured since the grab tech window widened and the j2 nerf hurt buzz saw and hat trick without actually granting anything in xl it might be a good idea to speculate. Even though I hate these kind of threads..
that 1 bar of meter thing has to be a joke xD wasnt that a glitch?

I think he needs this stuff

In genaral
Faster tele (15) f
6f s1
7F d1

Hat trick hit ex bf2 hits properly from far range

Db2 launches higher and doesn't change on crouching characters

112124 df2 is +4

All other call backs are much safer on block

Tp xx 2 doesn't whiff on crouching females

I have buzzsaw/tempest changes but it ls not for this thread

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
::: Reasonalble fixes and Changes :::
  • HCB should've been -5 on block at -7 Kung Lao can just punish himself with ex spin and spin, considering its a core move for the character to safety apply pressure this change is definitely need it.
  • 112124, last hit should hit mid to stop whiffing when used.
  • Hatarang hit advantage on the first hit increased to hit more consistently (Kitana got this buff)
  • Less minus frames when canceling some strings into Hat trap
  • The juggle height its a universal fix, if that gets fixed for the entire game, this problem would also be gone for Hat Trick
  • Increase the hitbox of HCB slightly to actually hit mid, it keeps whiffing on people neutral crouching and crouch blocking, the head tracking trajectory its altering the hat's course at some point, having an increased hitbox on the hat, will fix this problem. Note: Do Not fix HCB trajectory to track the chest, it will no longer protect from jump attacks.
  • dd2f to place a hat trap above, but in front of Lao instead on the top of his head, where it actually prevents people to jump forward and function as a trap.
  • dd2b to place a hat trap above, but behind Lao with the same goal as the above.
  • Above hat trap no longer tracks the head of KL, instead it tracks the feet, this way we can fully use the trap specially if the hat happens to be behind the opponent
  • At this point pretty sure they won't give us HCB combo links with 44 being a 2 or 3f link, so just make F23, F21 and 112124 link with ex teleport when he is Hatless, we would still get the extention, but at the cost of 2 bars, sounds fair now?
  • Ex holdable teleport to switch sides with the opponent by holding the direction, away from the opponent it appears in front of him, holding forward appears behind, no directional input stays the same, so he can actually appear near to him and mix up counter inputs or stay literally safe when coming out.

::: Unreasonable buffs :::
  • Able to HCB out of a teleport
  • Armor on HCB instead of plus pressure on block (wait, this might not be so unreasonable after all)
  • Above trap hits overhead instead of mid (lao has no low starter either way, hat or no hat)
  • Able to use air normals or specials after using air HCB (includes after a teleport into HCB)
  • s1 to be 7 frames (I think KL normals are fine)
  • Able to spin without his hat
  • Able to spawn a second hat after a 5 seconds cooldown to use another hat trap with the current one still active to have 2 HCBs traveling in screen at the same time.
  • Having Hat Trick always say "Jingu Bean" when he uses ex HCB all the time.

Reduce hat call scaling to encourage multiple traps in combos

Zhat seems to be working can you explain what your issue is? thanks

llabslb

R1D1_998
Aside from the bugs being fixed it would be nice having:

-A slightly plus set up (112124 HS being +2)
-Hat disappears after 2 hits
-Make callback -5

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Aside from the bugs being fixed it would be nice having:

-Hat disappears after 2 hits
Noooooooooooooo

You would feel the struggle on knockdown, you would be without wakeups most of the time, no reveral most of the time, you would be fucked.